Need a little help my friends!

Options
jen_br
jen_br Posts: 2,653 Forumite
Hotels in Newry, I have to be in Newry for 10am... I was going to book the Lisburn Premier inn as its at 49.00 google maps says it will take 40 min to get to Newry in the morning

a) is this realistic?

b) Is there somewhere nice in the newry area to stay? (Bearing in mind ill have a child with me whos 2!)

c) THANKS GUYS!

looking forward to my stay :)

Comments

• SnowyOwl_2
    SnowyOwl_2 Posts: 5,257 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 28 July 2011 at 11:10PM
    Options
    There is the Canal Court hotel, it's the most upmarket hotel in Newry, and right in the middle. www.canalcourthotel.com

49 minutes from Lisburn to Newry is about right as it's basically a straight run down the A1. Depending on what time you arrive in Newry, Newry can be rather slow to get through if you hit the rush hour traffic.

The Canal Court has child friendly facilites, so it might be worth splashing out for a bit of luxury, and it'll take away the stress of an early morning drive too.
  • Mistral001
    Mistral001 Posts: 5,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 29 July 2011 at 8:46AM
    Options
    I was going to suggest the Canal Court hotel in Newry.

BTW Newry and Lisburn are both cities about the same distance apart as Manchester and Liverpool are from each other.

You could also try hotels south of the border as Newry is next to the border if you can put up with the hassle of changing money to Euros. Hotels in ROI are not as expensive as they used to be.
  • julie97au
    julie97au Posts: 211 Forumite
    Options
    If you 'like' canal court on facebook they have some good offers. They were doing an offer this weekend for £30 b&b per person with a cocktail included and use of their leisure facilities
    If my post helps you, please click the 'thanks' button. :T
  • jen_br
    jen_br Posts: 2,653 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts