christmas cards

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Special Occasions & Other Celebrations
11 replies 945 views
Legacy_userLegacy_user Forumite
0 Posts
MoneySaving Newbie
does anyone else not send christmas cards ? ive decided this year just to send to family . why do i feel guilty ?

Replies

• Sally42Sally42 Forumite
    123 Posts
    I love choosing & sending Christmas cards, I'm already stocking up and adding to my Jan. sale stock.
    Frodo ~ "..... I wish none of this had happened. "
    Gandalf ~ " So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
  • VLTVLT Forumite
    326 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Hi, i send cards to friends although i dont have a wide circle, but i dont send to family anymore, it used to cost a fortune sending "special ones" and after my daughter spent her first 6 weeks in hospital i now give the money that i would usually spend on their cards to the hospital charity, they all understand and have no objections.
  • chickywigglechickywiggle Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    Xmas Saver!
    i'll be sending to family (because i will make them) and relatives (think box from poundland) but i think with e-mail and facebook so accessable now I'm not going to send to anyone else. stamps cost more money then cards at the moment!! at work we always put card money towards charity.
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • LJMLJM Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    i do close friends,neighbours,family and girls teachers at school but i make mine
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • January20January20 Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't do Christmas cards either. After 3 years I don't feel guilty anymore. I really do not like getting a Christmas card with a present either. It's such a waste of money and resources! The tag on the present says all that needs to be said, doesn't it?
    LBM: August 2006 £12,568.49 - DFD 22nd March 2012
    "The road to DF is long and bumpy" GreenSaints
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont feel so bad now -a few of us at work have decided not to send them but theres always some who want to. i might suggest the money to charity option.
  • midnightraven3midnightraven3 Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    i dont send christmas cards
    i make seeded card and send them instead

i save all the junk mail and use that

like this

006-4.jpg

i write a poem on them so they know what to do with it

i send you this greeting instead of a card
    being a friend of the earth is sometimes quite hard
    when springtime comes and no frost on the ground
    plant this somewhere nice, and flowers will be found

something along those lines
  • edited 29 July 2011 at 2:32AM
    *Louise**Louise* Forumite
    9.2K Posts
    edited 29 July 2011 at 2:32AM
    What a lovely idea midnightraven :T

It used to cost a fortune getting all the 'sister, auntie, brother' cards so a few years ago I started getting a photo card of the 3 kids and sent the same one to all the family.:D Particularly nice for family who live further away and don't see the kids often.

However I don't bother sending to work colleagues etc, I draw the line at family and close friends and that saves me feeling guilty )
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • lilac_ladylilac_lady Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've stopped sending Christmas cards and donate the money I would have spent to a children's hospice.

I send birthday cards and will keep doing that because it's a bit more personal.
    " The greatest wealth is to live content with little."

Plato

• SoulieSoulie Forumite
    391 Posts
    I make all my Christmas cards, but I do only send to family and close family friends, and I seem to cut down each year that goes by, so it is getting cheaper for me every year.
    13 Projects in 2013 Finished: 5 of 13
    May Misson: Complete 20 Stock Cards - 23 of 20
    - DONE! :T
    Read
    all Unread Books: 20
    /
    47 :eek: - oops bought 8 more books, 25p each though!
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member #70

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides