Visa Chargeback success

Options
I recently got conned on a website where I ordered a refurbished computer hardrive, they took my money (using Visa Debit card) but I got nothing in return despite trying to contact the suppliers umpteen times.

I wrote to my Nat West branch on 8th July requesting investingation under chargeback rules and low and behold I found a full refund in my bank account today!
Moral... don't touch Computer Clearances Ltd with a bargepole.
always research your online shopping sites.
use visa chargeback, it's well worth the effort.
Top marks Nat West, there is still some justice in this crazy world!!

:T:A

Comments

• tifo
    tifo Posts: 1,941 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    you must have a good Natwest branch with knowledgeable staff ...

mine told me, last year, that there was no such a thing as Visa chargeback but I continued to chase. Finally this year the manager accepted that some staff were not aware of this and has looked at my complaint, only to be told I am out of 3 month period to claim. I know that, but it's purely due to lack of staff training.

they then looked at my complaint again and require A LOT of info from me regarding my chargeback claim (invoices, records of what was said etc) but still say I cannot claim because I am out of the 3 month claim period. So what are they looking at on my behalf?

i was told they joined the scheme in July 2010 but it must be July 2009 as my card was issued in Nov 2009. My transaction is from April 2010.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure