Amazon £50 voucher - what to do with it?

Hi,

A guy I helped out with somthing earlier this year has sent me a £50 Amazon voucher as a thank you. Now I didn't expect this, so it's a nice suprise. However, there's nothing really I want from Amazon, and I was wondering if there was any way of turning this into cash. The only thing I could think of was buying CDs to Ebay, but the prices would mean I'd loose a lot of my money.

Any other ideas guys?
Amazon sellers club - member number 63.
January challange - sell 10 items. 0 down, 10 to go!

Comments

• Sell the voucher on ebay? Vouchers can go for a good price apparently - close to the face value. It would be a lot less hassle as well!

DFW nerd no = 281 (graduate)

• hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Could you ebay the Amazon voucher?

Or save it and use it for next year's christmas presents?
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • AndyR_3
    AndyR_3 Posts: 324 Forumite
    I'd rather get cash for it than save it, I hardly buy and Christmas presents anyway. I've just had a look on Ebay and seen £50 vouchers going for over £49. Not sure why a buyer would go to that hassel just to save a few pence, but hey, after Paypal/Ebay fees I should come out with a reasonable amount, for nothing, so that's what I'll do!
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    personally Id save it, and use it for wedding/christening/birthday/ mothers/fathers day/valentines whatever day.

reduce your "put away for presents" money accordingly, then voila you have 50 quid to pay off debt with!
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • Wig
    Wig Posts: 14,139 Forumite
    This guy buys so many vouchers, he even bought an Amazon US$50 one for use in in Amazon.com only!
    http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedbackFromSellers&userid=sergesworld&items=-1&item=-1&de=off
    He sells lots of designer shoe horns! I wonder if they are cheaper on Amazon :rotfl:

sometimes he only saves 30p - 9p why take the risk is what I have to ask?

Don't tell me there's no risk, there's always risk with ebay.
  • AndyR_3
    AndyR_3 Posts: 324 Forumite
    I guess if they have the money in their Paypal account, and want somthing from Amazon, this is a good way to avoid Paypal fees. Or maybe they don't have a credit card so this is the only way they can buy on Amazon?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure