Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Has anyone heard of Basel ltd?

in Boost your income
11 replies 5.7K views
Got an invite from them[not in spam],asking to join,to do with sending money grams.All a bit vague..

Replies

• Why would you consider the services of an unknown supplier or servicer ?

If in doubt do not use, simples
  • davidjwestdavidjwest Forumite
    756 Posts
    Sending money is a well-known scam in various guises, I'd advise caution.

I just Googled them and this thread comes up, how quick is that!

Any more info, website etc?
    :A
  • The way in which funds are transferred within this role appears financially risk free (there is of course a risk of facilitating fraud/laundering).

My main concern is that details are just being gathered for identity theft.

It all being genuine and legal would be too good to be true. I'd be interested to find out the scoop.
  • Basel Ltd sell high-end goods (Rolexes etc.) to buyers in the UK who send payments to Financial Administrators in the UK. The Financial Administrator then takes a commission and forwards the rest of the money to Basel Ltd (via untraceable TT).

Basel then do not dispatch any goods leaving the customer out of pocket and the exploited employee seemingly responsible. The job of Financial Administrator looks appealing as one would be getting paid considerable amounts for simply forwarding some funds. In reality they end up indebted to similarly exploited customers.

They own the site basel-store.com
  • edited 24 July 2011 at 5:16PM
    GingernuttyGingernutty Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 24 July 2011 at 5:16PM
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • hermumhermum Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    Basel Ltd sell high-end goods (Rolexes etc.) to buyers in the UK who send payments to Financial Administrators in the UK. The Financial Administrator then takes a commission and forwards the rest of the money to Basel Ltd (via untraceable TT).

Basel then do not dispatch any goods leaving the customer out of pocket and the exploited employee seemingly responsible. The job of Financial Administrator looks appealing as one would be getting paid considerable amounts for simply forwarding some funds. In reality they end up indebted to similarly exploited customers.

They own the site basel-store.com
    Next time you want to big up a moneylaudering scam, try using a working website.

Reported as :spam:

I think that you must have a read a different response to me, caravaggio in my eyes is actually warning the OP against this "opportunuity".
  • I only outlined the nature of this scam to hopefully prevent readers from getting duped.

Though there is no content on the aforementioned website I received an email from Basel Ltd from an email address hosted by that private domain. I only included it in case anyone was interested to see where the site was registered etc.

Curb your belligerence.
  • GingernuttyGingernutty Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    I do apologise Caravaggio917, I skimmed over your post and a total lack of sarcasm and emoticons had me fooled there.

Re-reading it hermum is absolutely right.

Sorry
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • Thanx for info.Ihad recently been head hunted[not literally] ,by a genuine firm,and then a couple of days later got the email from them,and as it wasnt in spam,thought it was maybe a genuine company after me.
  • Hi, I received one of these email's to the other day. The first thing that stood out that it was a scam was the fact that the sender was using a hotmail address. If it were even slightly legitimate then it would have come from a domain owned by the company (ie. basel.com or similar).

You were right to post here first :-)

Most things are too good to be true ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Cheapest Christmas dinner

We've crunched the numbers to find the best prices

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum