Tesco CLubcard Reward Token - can you return if you dont use them?

Options
I exchanged some tesco club card vouchers for legoland. Only realised recently that they expire on 21 July, dont think we will be able to go. If I return them to Tesco before that day will they credit my account.

Comments

• billywhizz
    billywhizz Posts: 263 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Give them a call I sent back some Butlins vouchers and got them credited a couple of weeks ago.
  • dragongirlmaz
    Options
    Hi I sent mine back to the following address

Tesco Freetime Ltd
    Po Box 654
    Crawley
    RH10 1RG

When I emailed them they said to get proof of postage.
  • bgt
    bgt Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, I just need to make sure I post them tomorrow and that they get them before the 21st July. Maybe I will post them via special delivery for next day!
  • cidergirl
    cidergirl Posts: 434 Forumite
    Options
    bgt wrote: »
    Thanks, I just need to make sure I post them tomorrow and that they get them before the 21st July. Maybe I will post them via special delivery for next day!

i did that last month but sent 1st class recorded with a few days to go they sent me a letter a week later to say they had been credited
  • 4_Pete's_Sake
    Options
    WARNING
    In the past I have returned Tesco Reward tokens or Clubcard Vouchers AFTER they have expired and there has never been a problem and my account has been credited with the points to use in the future.

I had £500+ S code reward tokens that expired on 30th June and called Tesco’s over a week later to get a return code.

I was told that Tesco changed their Policy on 31st MAY and that now if tokens are returned after the expiry date they will not refund them. I was told that the decision was taken by Senior Executives and there is no point trying to appeal or to speak to anyone else.

My only hope was to see if I could still use them on any of the deals as their partners do not have to return the reward tokens to Tesco’s by the expiry date but have several weeks to do so.

Fortunately I was able to exchange all of the expired rewards tokens on a Clubcard Deal.
    My advice is to ensure that you either use or return you tokens/vouchers before the expiry dates as you may not be as lucks as I was.
    IF THIS POST HAS BEEN HELPFUL - PLEASE CLICK ON THANKS :j
  • kattybtm
    kattybtm Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    WARNING
    In the past I have returned Tesco Reward tokens or Clubcard Vouchers AFTER they have expired and there has never been a problem and my account has been credited with the points to use in the future.

I had £500+ S code reward tokens that expired on 30th June and called Tesco’s over a week later to get a return code.

I was told that Tesco changed their Policy on 31st MAY and that now if tokens are returned after the expiry date they will not refund them. I was told that the decision was taken by Senior Executives and there is no point trying to appeal or to speak to anyone else.

My only hope was to see if I could still use them on any of the deals as their partners do not have to return the reward tokens to Tesco’s by the expiry date but have several weeks to do so.

Fortunately I was able to exchange all of the expired rewards tokens on a Clubcard Deal.
    My advice is to ensure that you either use or return you tokens/vouchers before the expiry dates as you may not be as lucks as I was.
    Can I ask what deal you managed to use them on, because we have siome that expired 31st may and tesco won't take them back.
  • martinbuckley
    martinbuckley Posts: 1,716 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    bgt wrote: »
    I exchanged some tesco club card vouchers for legoland. Only realised recently that they expire on 21 July, dont think we will be able to go. If I return them to Tesco before that day will they credit my account.

If I were you I would stick them in the post tomorrow - 1st class recorded delivery.
  • 4_Pete's_Sake
    Options
    kattybtm wrote: »
    Can I ask what deal you managed to use them on, because we have siome that expired 31st may and tesco won't take them back.

With your deal tokens being 7 weeks out of date I'm not sure if they will still be accepted, but if you live anywhere near the location in the east midlands then it is probably worth a try.

I will send you a personal message with the location.
    IF THIS POST HAS BEEN HELPFUL - PLEASE CLICK ON THANKS :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport