credit resport - refused credit

Options
Hi

sorry if this is in the wrong place, move it if you need to:confused:

I got my equifax credit report a few days ago and they said I was likely to get credit, score 385.

I have a default in the past but have been building my credit up with a next account, cap one CC & studio account, all paid on time with either full payment or more than min payment so I thought I would be OK to apply for furniture credit but this has been declined. I am trying to get an experian credit report but on their web site all i get is the sign up for a year one and I would really rather just pay for it as i dont want to forget to cancel and be left with it.

can anyone offer advice on how i get this credit report and if it is worth trying elsewhere for the credit for the furniture

thanks for the advice

Comments

• jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    First ask the furniture credit company to have a human review the decision if the original decision was automated. If still declined, ask what the main reason was for declining and which credit reporting agency was used.

For two pounds Experian will supply you with a paper Experian statutory credit report. The same is available from Equifax and Call Credit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure