🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Steam cleaning.

Options
Where can i have the seats of my car steam cleaned or where could i hire a small steam cleaning machine to DIY.

Comments

• ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,075 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Advise you leave it till the weather improves.
    Car seats are very difficult to dry properly without removing and cause the vehicle to mist up for ages
    Wait till the Spring/summer
  • Coolhandluke
    Options
    Good suggestion,thanks.Never thought of that.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    where abouts do you live?
  • Coolhandluke
    Options
    North Down.
  • dealornodeal_3
    Options
    Why not purchase a Polti Steam Cleaner! You can purchase them regularly on QVC or Ideal World for approx £158.00p. Do your Car, Carpets,Floors and Bathrooms and Bedrooms.

It will save you a lot of money than hiring or having someone to do it for you, and the machine will be yours. They are very good machines!
  • Robothell
    Options
    Where can i have the seats of my car steam cleaned or where could i hire a small steam cleaning machine to DIY.

You can hire a steam cleaner from HSS shops and from some of the larger Homebase stores. Alternatively, if you only have mild staining on your seats, why not buy a can or spray bottle of upholstery cleaner instead? It'll lift most stuff, leave the car fresh and dry fairly quickly 'cos you're not forcing the stuff deep into the chair. The AutoGlym stuff is very good but top of the price range (still under a tenner though).
    Life in this world is, as it were, a sojourn in a cave. What can we know of reality? For all we can see of the true nature of existence is, shall we say, no more than bewildering and amusing shadows cast upon the inner wall of the cave by the unseen blinding light of absolute truth, from which we may or may not deduce some glimmer of veracity, and we as troglodyte seekers of wisdom can only lift our voices to the unseen and say humbly "Go on, do deformed rabbit again.....it's my favourite". © Terry Pratchett in "Small Gods"

Founder member of the Barry Scott Appreciation Society
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family