Advice on commute to Aberdeen please

Hi,

I live to the northwest of Aberdeen and have just gotten a job in the city centre. I am unsure of the best way to get in at rush hour every day and wondered if anyone else on here actually does this commute daily and could advise on the timings etc.

I live in Blackburn and am trying to decide whether to drive all the way or drive to Dyce, leave the car there and get the train.

Any advice/ suggestions (or routes which avoid the bleedin Haddigan roundabout into town!) much appreciated.

Comments

• MrsWassire
    MrsWassire Posts: 204 Forumite
    Why not just get the bus? Traffic in Dyce is dire too so driving to the train station will probably be a !!!!!!... So I'd get the bus and have a good book to read or something!
    *Insert interesting words here*
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Motorbike or personal helicopter would be my best suggestion - You will be rich enough if you are able to consider the train as a viable commute.
  • If you really want to drive - come across from Blackburn using the back road (single carriageway) road to Westhill - still busy but fairly easy and avoids the dreaded Haudigan roundabout!!
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,679
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Go to work early and miss the rush
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • mrs_T
    mrs_T Posts: 1,017
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    missile wrote: »
    Go to work early and miss the rush

Doesn't work, I leave home at 6.45 a.m. (BoD) and I'm still sitting in traffic.
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,679
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 23 July 2011 at 4:45AM
    mrs_T wrote: »
    Doesn't work, I leave home at 6.45 a.m. (BoD) and I'm still sitting in traffic.

6.45 is not early:p or take MrTs m/c
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • I wouldn't take the road to Westhill, as you then have to go through the town which is a bit pointless. Take your life in your hands (!) and cut off to Kingswells at the Marshall trailers junction on the A96 and then go in past Hazelhead. Depending on time of morning can take 25-45 minutes to city centre. If you leave before 7.15 Haudagain route in is pretty quick - I get to Union St in 20-25 minutes. Any time after that = avoid.

If you do decide to go to Dyce then take the back road over the hill to Pitmedden Industrial Estate rather than via the A96. The bus isn't the worst thing in the morning either if you are working near bus station as takes about 45 minutes. I just hate buses.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure