🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Northern Bank closed??

Options
Ive been trying to phone my bank, its quite urgent but the recorded message says they are closed?
I was not aware today was a bank holiday. Does anyone know anything about it?
Undefeated Wii Fit ski jump champion!
Vegas Junkie....

Festering_Plates' number one fan! :T

Comments

• doelani
    doelani Posts: 2,576 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A few places close today as an extra bank holiday although not sure where it came from lol I am with Halifax and I know my local branch is closed today and I phoned CSA earlier and they are closed due to bank holiday :confused: must be an extra onethey sneaked in without telling us
    TOTAL 44 weeks lose. 6st 9.5lb :T
  • BigAl94
    BigAl94 Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    All Banks in NI close for 3 days at Christmas and have for many years.
  • cmcgeeney
    Options
    N Ireland banks are always closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and the day after.
  • NAR
    NAR Posts: 4,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    doelani wrote:
    A few places close today as an extra bank holiday although not sure where it came from lol I am with Halifax and I know my local branch is closed today and I phoned CSA earlier and they are closed due to bank holiday :confused: must be an extra onethey sneaked in without telling us
    CSA is not closed because of Bank Holiday. It is a Privilege Day that all civil servants get; same as 13th July.
  • wifeforlife
    wifeforlife Posts: 2,734 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    NAR wrote:
    CSA is not closed because of Bank Holiday. It is a Privilege Day that all civil servants get; same as 13th July.

Oh and we're very grateful for them too! I have compiled lots of reclaiming charges letters today with my privilage day mwahahahahaha

Cath
  • NDK49
    NDK49 Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    Abbey and Nationwide were definitely open today.
  • williams55
    Options
    yeah first trust trust closed also . Was going down there with my head on fire . Just recieved a statement for £130 charges for a overdraft . It was a agreed overdraft to cover a bridge on a house sale for £14k . I paid the 1% admin which amounted to £140 and now the blighters are charging me for ever transaction for the last quarter . I wouldlnt like to be working there tomorrow as im going in there like a bull in a china shop.........
    something missing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family