Dublin Hamper

Options
I've bought a weekend in Dublin for my parents Christmas and want to make up a hamper of relevant things to give to them with the tickets. I've already got soda bread, irish whisky, guiness and a guide book. I know they are very stereotypical but it's just for fun. Does anyone have any more ideas?
Thanks

Comments

• bolton_2
    Options
    How about the white sausage you get with breakfast i,ve only ever seen it over in Dublin.....i go to at least 3 times a year....it's fantastic....hope they enjoy it
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,071 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Its called 'white pudding'

One of the best is 'Clonakilty'

http://www.clonakiltyblackpudding.ie/questions.html

• ginger_nuts
    ginger_nuts Posts: 1,972 Forumite
    Options
    euro money
  • PandaPants_2
    Options
    How about some vouchers for the attractions like the Guinness factory, etc....?
    Undefeated Wii Fit ski jump champion!
    Vegas Junkie....

Festering_Plates' number one fan! :T
  • leftieM
    leftieM Posts: 2,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you have white pudding you have to have black pudding. Just don't ask what it's made of.....
    You have to put a bag of Tayto cheese 'n' onion in. Not the weak Northern Tandragee version - the real deal from Coolock. Also YR sauce seems to be a local delicacy. We had to send it to my sis when she was in Liverpool. You could throw in a CD of irish music. There's an amazing group called Planxty who have the most beautiful music....
    Sorry, I know it's after Christmas but I'm just feeling nostalgic for the old country. I'm so far away!
    Stercus accidit
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport