bandage thingys

I have managed to pull all the ligaments and tendon thingys in my big finger, I have it strapped up with the other other finger in the middle but i haven't got the time to keep gong back and having the dressing changed when it gets dirty so does anyone know where i can buy the bandage stuff to warp around the finger - i have a burn on this as well a little one - and the tape to stick it all together with? Does anyone know what the stuff is called as my local chemist is useless and didn't have a clue what i was asking for, i mean please tell me its not rocket science :confused:

Comments

• Bossyboots
    Bossyboots Posts: 6,746 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Your description is not very helpful to be honest. It would seem simplest to go to the chemist and show them what you have on there now and ask for some of the same.

That said, you can buy just about any sort of bandage in a good chemist so I would have thought you would spot what you want if you go in. I am wondering whether the tape you are talking about is Micropore. This is a clear tape that tears easily. It is non-allergenic so is what is commonly used.
  • My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
  • Katykat
    Katykat Posts: 1,743 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You mean Tubinet. its the stuff we nurses use and it comes in different sizes, you need the smallest size for fingers. Not sure how they sell it in the chemist because we have it on rolls and we cut off the required amount. I'm sure you'll get it at Boots. Remember, not Tubigrip, or Tubiguaze, but TUBINET
    :smileyhea A SMILE COSTS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
  • Thanks for all the help :)

KatyKat, I wish my had was working as well as yours is right now, :)
    Have a good Christmas, everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport