Am i heading in the right direction

Options
Hi, I have been on a DMP for the last two years and have just increased my payments to reduce the time till im Debt free. I was covering all of my min payments before the programme and was never in arrears or in any trouble with creditors but did owe in total about £30K. With all the interest i wasnt getting anywhere fast plus i had a change in job which left me with very little after i had paid all my bills. I made the decision to STOP the borrowing once and for all and get Debt free by seeking action. But this still hasnt lifted any of the worry that i have on a daily basis with Credit reports etc. I am paying a fair chunk every month on my DMP and covering my rent and bills etc but still have 7 yrs left till im clear as some of my creditors arnt helping with interest. Just wanted to come on this forum and meet others that have been through the same or our on the same journey so i can find some advice and piece of mind to help me get debt free as painfully as possible.
Look forward to hearing from you

Thanks

Comments

• Lula-Hula
    Lula-Hula Posts: 7,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Rachel59 & welcome to the wonderful world of DFW .

Have you worked out a Statement of Affairs recently ?

This can be a very useful way of highlighting areas where you can save money & people here will be happy to make suggestions for you.

Good luck
    :)
  • Rachel59
    Rachel59 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for your reply,
    I regulary go through all my expensies etc with my DMP company plus keep a very close eye on it myself. Thank you for he Advice.

:-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport