Social security fund

Options
hi all need some info

i want to do a course and pass my test in PCV (cat D) im on working tax and somebody said i might able to get a social security funded to do it, is this true?

Comments

• paddedjohn
    paddedjohn Posts: 7,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    i think it would depend on where you live, a few years back there were grants being given out in my area for hgv training for people signing on but only if you lived in certain parts of town, the best thing to do would be to call your local job centre.

another option would be to see if the local bus company are taking on drivers as they quite often offer training.
    Be Alert..........Britain needs lerts.
  • chris1804
    chris1804 Posts: 115 Forumite
    Options
    paddedjohn wrote: »
    i think it would depend on where you live, a few years back there were grants being given out in my area for hgv training for people signing on but only if you lived in certain parts of town, the best thing to do would be to call your local job centre.

another option would be to see if the local bus company are taking on drivers as they quite often offer training.

yes the local bus company pay for all your training but you have to be with them for 2 years thats not a problem but i want to work for my father-in law
  • paddedjohn
    paddedjohn Posts: 7,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    ask your father in law to help you and once you start work for him you can pay him back out of your wages
    Be Alert..........Britain needs lerts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport