Old HSBC Life Personal Pension Plan - Advice please

Options
Hi folks,

Hopefully you can help.

Way back in 03/04 (I think) I started paying into a pension plan with my then employer.

I now have a Pension with L&G and would like the best advice on how to transfer the HSBC fund to the L&G, if possible.

I understand that once paid into, I can't cancel the policy and get the money back (even though in my current situation would be incredibly useful) so my only option is a transfer.

I've tried the number on my pension pack but its dead now, I tried contacting HSBC but got some really unhelpful people on the phone.

I was hoping someone could offer advice, and a way to get my money from this obsolete pension plan?

Thanks.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I now have a Pension with L&G and would like the best advice on how to transfer the HSBC fund to the L&G, if possible.

If you wanted best advice then it would almost certainly be not to transfer it to L&G. ;)
    I tried contacting HSBC but got some really unhelpful people on the phone.

They are not allowed to provide advice. They can only act on your instructions and if your instructions are not clear then they cannot offer opinion or advice.
    I was hoping someone could offer advice, and a way to get my money from this obsolete pension plan?

Its probably no more obsolete than your L&G plan.

you need discharge forms from HSBC and a transfer application from L&G. L&G may not accept direct transactions from you so you may need to do it via whoever you bought it from in the first place.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure