Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

refused mortgage

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
4 replies 1.7K views
suzy-wong_5suzy-wong_5 Forumite
52 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
my friend has asked if she is refused a mortgage loan and then applies to another lender are they aware she has been recently turned down for a mortgage

Replies

• Yes

Well, they will do a credit check, which will show recent applications for credit (be this mortgage / credit cards), and they could deduce the rest from there (whether they chose to or not is another matter)
    I work for a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    ( I have ammeded this signature slightly, as I do not actively provide mortgage advice. However, I support and adhere to the moneysavingexpert mortgage broker code of conduct)
  • I disagree with that.

It only shows that a credit score was carried out, it does not show the result. Other lenders would expect one or two other credit checks but would be weary if there were more. So chose lenders carefully. Best thing is talk to an Independent broker :) who will know which lenders to approach, rather than a hit and miss method by combing the high street.
    independent mortgage/financial adviser [email protected]
  • It only shows that a credit score was carried out, it does not show the result

That's what I meant - in that it will show that a credit check was done, and the rest can be deduced, even if it is not explicitly stated - sorry if it wasn't clear
    I work for a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    ( I have ammeded this signature slightly, as I do not actively provide mortgage advice. However, I support and adhere to the moneysavingexpert mortgage broker code of conduct)
  • sorry, it just that you answered 'yes' to the question ;)
    independent mortgage/financial adviser [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.