cinemas, part time earnings

As a number of this site's members will be aware, it is possible to earn some extra money by taking up the occasional assignment to make a list of the trailers and advertisments that appear before certain films in a cinema: while this does not allow the person to watch the film for free, payment will often be over £10 for most of the films.
One company that gives these opportunities is called firsttracking and they are recruiting for this weekend with a constantly updated list of unallocated assignments available at
http://www.firstmovies.com/FirstTracking/AvailableAssignments.php
If anyone would like to try this interesting, enjoyable and undemanding work, they can still register in time for this weekend's opportunities, opportunities which sometimes become available several times a year.

Comments

• mizzbiz
    mizzbiz Posts: 1,434 Forumite
    tupnip wrote: »
    As a number of this site's members will be aware, it is possible to earn some extra money by taking up the occasional assignment to make a list of the trailers and advertisments that appear before certain films in a cinema: while this does not allow the person to watch the film for free, payment will often be over £10 for most of the films.
    One company that gives these opportunities is called firsttracking and they are recruiting for this weekend with a constantly updated list of unallocated assignments available at
    http://www.firstmovies.com/FirstTracking/AvailableAssignments.php
    If anyone would like to try this interesting, enjoyable and undemanding work, they can still register in time for this weekend's opportunities, opportunities which sometimes become available several times a year.

So if you don't want to pay a fortune to sit in the cinema watching the film or go alone, can you leave once the trailers have ended?
    I'll have some cheese please, bob.
  • lvm
    lvm Posts: 1,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just out of curiosty...why would anyone want a list of he adverts??
  • KiKi
    KiKi Posts: 5,377 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi OP

What are the 'SPi assignments' (on the site you posted), please?

KiKi
    ' <-- See that? It's called an apostrophe. It does not mean "hey, look out, here comes an S".
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Would people who live in cities where tickets are a lot more expensive get paid more? Otherwise they'd probably only make £1 after paying for the ticket.
  • jasonwatkins
    jasonwatkins Posts: 2,420 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    And the price for a cinema ticket at the weekend is usually a few quid more than in the week.
  • andy.m_2
    andy.m_2 Posts: 1,521 Forumite
    If you wanted to go to the flicks and were interested etc then it may be possible to swing it that you get your entry money back.
    Highly unlikely to get all the planets to line up at once though!
    Sealed pot challange no: 339
  • calamity-j
    calamity-j Posts: 286 Forumite
    I've just started with them and you don't have to pay entrance. You're just in to check the trailers then you leave after checking each screen, and the write up is very quick. If you can visit a cinema where the film is showing on several screens you get paid for each one.
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    calamity-j wrote: »
    I've just started with them and you don't have to pay entrance. You're just in to check the trailers then you leave after checking each screen, and the write up is very quick. If you can visit a cinema where the film is showing on several screens you get paid for each one.

How do you get in? Do you get some sort of letter or pass to allow you in? My local Odeon won't even allow you past a certain point without a ticket even if you are just trying to find a friend etc.
  • podperson
    podperson Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I must admit I'm finding their website a little confusing, on one page it says register here and we will contact you if there's assignments in your area, on another page it says ring this number to ask for assignments, then there is a different email address for each type of assignment - surely if you're going to check the trailers anyway it takes an extra 5 mins top to check the SPi? (can understand them maybe wanting a separate visit for the mystery shop so they don't know who you are).
  • Lil_Me_2
    Lil_Me_2 Posts: 2,664 Forumite
    The SPI is undercover, so you can't do both at the same time!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure