I need your help ladies!

I have completely run out of inspiration so please could you help me?

It is my partners birthday on the 1st July and he is really hard to buy presents for. I have bought him tickets for a games convention and the train tickets too. They email you the tickets so they don't look very special once printed out, I want to make it look amazing :rotfl:.

It is at the NEC, I was thinking about getting a gift card for somewhere to eat but there doesn't seem to be much close to the nec and they won't want to waste time travelling to restaurants. Although there is a subway nearby according to google maps so that may have to do.

How can I turn this slightly boring present into something more? I know he will be over the moon with it anyway but I was thinking perhaps a hamper? but not sure what else to put in it. Maybe wrapping it differently but don't really have any ideas lol.
So yeah, any help at all would be fab :j I'm exhausted, I have a child with chicken pox and a child with a stomach bug and i have no inspiration whatsoever :(.
Thank you
Slimming World - 3 stone 8 1/2lbs in 7 months and now at target :j

Comments

• annod27
    annod27 Posts: 194
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    hi how about getting a gift box and coloured tissue paper or wrapping paper and layer the box in sections with the different part of the gift in each layer and print out a message for each section. so on opening the box a personalised message and something about enjoying a nice meal then underneath the food gift card or maybe asmall amount of cash then a sheet of tissuepaper, then amessage about enjoy the trip/ride and then the travel details and same with the tickets, maybe in the section with the travel could put a drink n snacks,and with convention tickets a top for him to wear. hths
  • mr_knight
    mr_knight Posts: 943 Forumite
    What about doing a little hamper for the train journey. I don't know, beers, sweets etc. I would think food at the NEC will be better eaten in there although you could make him a voucher and attach some cash (not quite the same but you could add a little poem or something??) so he can buy whatever he wants.

The nice packaging idea sounds lovely.

What about adding a foot rub or something for when he gets home?
  • DaisyMoo
    DaisyMoo Posts: 290 Forumite
    I had the same dilema at Christmas - I bought OH tickets for a gig but didn't know how to present it.
    In the end, I printed out a voucher on nice glittery paper and popped it into a money maze. ( I think Argos have some in their sale at the moment)
    It was so much fun watching him trying to crack the maze to get to his present! He got there in the end, although I was glad I put the voucher in and not the actual tickets - knowing my luck he would still be trying to open the maze now!!
  • how about buying a game that he wants/likes and put the tickets inside the case?or print a poster off for the games convention and make a ticket wallet with it?

i did that with some comedy tickets for a friends wedding present. i made a ticket wallet type card with a pic and a bit of information about the event. they loved it
  • I have given tickets as a gift before and usually put them in a gift box with tissue paper stuffed inside so it looks more like a present! You could maybe buy him a tshirt that has a game he likes on it that he could wear to the convention to go with it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure