🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Skydiving, debt paying and OU mutterings.

Options
I'm back! ( again ).
I seem to come and go from here, and now I know I really need to get back to paying what I was. I've been off work since Jan following major surgery and have only been paid SSP so debt paying has slowed to minimum payments. But, I go back to work in a couple of weeks so will be back overpaying again, and not running any more up.
I did a charity skydive on Sunday ( got clearance off the chap who operated on me ) for the charity which has given me so much support over the past few years. A fantastic, terrifying experience that was also very liberating as one of my best friends suggested leaving the rubbish we've had to deal with recently up there and see landing as a new start.
There are lots of things in my life that i'm trying to change, and also to start living and experiencing things again. The last few years have been dominated by serious illness and major surgery, surely there must be more to mylife than that.
A major change that I wanted to make was to finish my degree, so I've gone back to OU. It seems to be going ok for now, but I'm a little worried about fitting it in with going back to work to. Is anyone else an OU student on here?
That should be it for now, I need to write part of an assignment soon and also start finding bits for ebay. I'll be back later with an action plan for the next ten days that i'm still off for.

SVB.
LBM 27/12/14.
January Ebay and Amazon aim: £500. £22/£500 January weight loss aim 10lb. 0/10.
1 debt vs 100 days challenge £22/£500 by 7th April.
Nsd January aim 20. PAD starting 29/12/14 £2

Comments

• Emzilla
    Emzilla Posts: 3,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi SVB

Well done on doing the skydive - you are a braver person than me!! ;). Love the idea of leaving all of your 'rubbish' up in the sky and having a fresh start.

Sorry to hear about your health problems. I've got cystic fibrosis so can sympathise when it comes to that kind of thing. I hope your health gets better and you become stronger as a result of your surgery.

Good luck

Emz xx
  • svb53
    svb53 Posts: 214 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Emz, funny how health problems make you look at situations differently. I've just been over and read the first half of your diary, and joined up to jac*potj*y.
    I've managed to re list some clothes on Ebay this afternoon and do some bits for uni. I have so much more to sell, the house is full of things that either we don't use or have forgotten we've got. Also, healthwise I don't think i'm going to be able to get back into the running that I used to do, so i've got loads of running kit to sell too. Things will be fine as ong as I keep away from Amazon and read what I already have!
    LBM 27/12/14.
  • svb53
    Options
    I have so much to do and little time and energy to sort it all. I haven't been this skint for a long time but luckily tennant has paid rent a couple of days early which is handy. How have people tackled their debts? A chunk off all of them or concentrated on one at a time so it feels like you're getting somewhere?
    LBM 27/12/14.
  • svb53
    Options
    OK, loan payment has gone out which has upped the repayment totals a bit but leaves an incredibly tight month ahead. I go back to work tomorrow from sick leave and will be paid at the end of the month for the first time since January so am looking forward to that. I need to work out how to link paypal with my current account and get listing some more on there. Does anyone know how to do this please? I've tried before and it didn't work so ended up spenidng the money I'd made on ebay on more tatt off ebay. Doh.
    LBM 27/12/14.
  • svb53
    Options
    Morning folks. I'm surviving being back at work and uni OK, looking forward to being paid again and getting on top of debt repayments again. Tenant has paid her rent this morning so i've transferred a chunk of that into various accounts to clear some debts. OU has sent an email round explaining new fees to students starting after September, think I definitely went back just at the right time.
    LBM 27/12/14.
  • svb53
    Options
    Right, first payday in six months that's actually been a proper one. Such a nice feeling to make payments to everything and not be dreading another month of phone calls and letters. But, I've just had a very sobering thought. When all the debt is paid off, I'll have in excess on £900 disposable income a month. How the hell have I run this mess up.
    LBM 27/12/14.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family