Skillstrain fees how can I reclaim

Options
davel73
davel73 Posts: 1 Newbie
Beginning of 2005 I accepted a Salesman for Skillstrain into my house and being unemployed I jumped at the chance to do a course to gain my MCSE over a period of time (3 years). I said at the time I was unsure with being unemployed and the course costing three thousand pounds. He assured me that payments were 75 pound per month but once I started the course They would fin me a job in my local area in computing as they worked with companies all over Britain and could help me gain employment and gain my MCSE (Micrsoft Certified Systems Engineer) accreditation with the course. So stupidly believing that 1, I would gain help from trained teachers. 2, Have teachers on hand till late during the week and weekend. 3,Gain a computing position with a local company which would also help my accreditation. 4,Gain my MCSE certificate and think money well spent. The truth is I was lied to from the start and I am out of pocket by 3 grand. I did not receive the help from them that was guaranteed, They did not find a position with a local company for me or try, I got about half way through the first book and come to a stumbling block. (I am not brilliant on computers but I am not rubbish either and think of myself as a reasonable user using formulas in spreadsheets and more so no starter) I rang them to state that I was having trouble with the course and many of the assignments were trouble and that I wanted my money back. They said that the most they could do is to increase my course time. Can anyone point me in the right direction as I have paid over three thousand pounds (includes 3 thousand for the course, 100 pound for a credit charge when money was short in bank by around 79 pence (75 pound by CDF and 25 by the bank) and then all the phone calls.

I sound and feel like a right mug, every time I think of this company It depresses me and even if I got some of the money back I would be happy. Can anyone help. I still have the original Paperwork

Thanks for looking

Ps also thinking back, The saleman made me feel a bit of a loser front of my wife by saying that pregnant and depressed women and depressed and hardworking men were completing the course with no problems.

Dave:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport