Options
2»

Comments

• bifold
    bifold Posts: 195 Forumite
    edited 18 July 2011 at 6:17PM
    Options
    Pinkypants wrote: »
    I did argee with 80% of what Tim said, thats true. Our views often clashed quite a bit as well!!!

As for a sprung base I explained the benefits, which are mattresses last longer and it gives a more luxurious feel. How that is a sales pitch I will never know. You belittled it, saying it's just to get the customer to part with extra cash.

I also mentioned sprung bases because I'm giving good advice.

A mattress on a sprung base will feel different to the same mattress on a solid base. Not all customers are aware that sprung bases are even out there on the market. A question I ask all my customers when buying a matt on it's own, is Whats it going on?

Proper customer service, not a sales pitch, I can assure you.
    Thats the great thing about bricks and morter showrooms the ability to try different mattress on different bases,so the customer can make a informed choice.
    Internet bed sales cant offer this level of service so rely on price alone.Some struggling internet sellers try to state a returns policy is the best thing since slice bread,but customers want to get the purchase correct first time,we have seen many people struggle on this forum getting beds retuned without incurring costs.
  • Squibbler
    Squibbler Posts: 298 Forumite
    Options
    Hypnos make beds for John Lewis too. I just spent 9 nights in a Premier Inn and can tell you that the mattress was very similar to outr John Lewis Orthopaedic 2 mattress ( made by Hypnos for JL)
  • redgie
    redgie Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Quick update: As there seemed to be a bit of discussion about the divan base I thought I'd let you know it's a sprung shallow base on legs. We are very happy with the bed. Paid £409 for a kingsize and that included delivery, hopefully it will last us a good few years.

Hope this helps others.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport