»

Great 'Sub £5 Father's Day gifts' Hunt

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: Stay up to date with the latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
Stay updated with our guides: Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights
NEWSFLASH 27/03
MARTINS VIDEO FOR SELF-EMPLOYED * DELAY HOUSE MOVES * EUROSTAR UPDATE

11 replies 15.5K views
Former_MSE_LeeFormer_MSE_Lee Former Editorial Assistant
343 posts

Father's Day is this Sunday 19 June. You don't need to splash cash to show your dad you care, so we want some inspiration from MoneySavers on what makes a top Father's Day gift for under £5. Whether it's cooking him dinner, making him a personalised card or just spending the day with him

View past Great Hunts.

[threadbanner] box [/threadbanner]

Replies

• edited 16 June 2011 at 11:57AM
    macavitymacavity Forumite
    199 posts
    edited 16 June 2011 at 11:57AM
    dunelm mills (amongst others, i'm sure) sell blank white canvases for a couple of quid that look great decorated with a kiddie handprint or two, or a home-drawn picture. i think the smallest one i got was £1.50, and i used some paint i already had.
  • 5boris5boris Forumite
    1 posts
    I bought a set of these pagecues for my Dad at christmas - only £3.80 for a pack of 10. I got him the woodland range but there are other ones too. pagecues.co.uk
    :beer:
  • edited 16 June 2011 at 11:56AM
    spiddy100spiddy100 Forumite
    582 posts
    edited 16 June 2011 at 11:56AM
    I saw a lovely idea on another site. Get the children together and take three photographs of them holding up handwritten signs: "Happy", "Father's" and "Day" (one sign in each photo). Get the photos printed and mount them onto a giant card (piece of card from somewhere selling kids art supplies) to make up the message.

If you're adult kids (IYSWIM) and don't live in the same place, even better - do different family members in each photo and get one person to collate them all via email and make up the card.

Cost - three photo prints and a piece of card :)
    That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest. Henry David Thoreau
  • edited 16 June 2011 at 11:58AM
    NilbeautyNilbeauty Forumite
    4 posts
    edited 16 June 2011 at 11:58AM
    Hi,
    I found a great father's day gift. Kylie Minogue Inverse 50ml For Men at £4.99 usually £26.00. Perfect gift because not too expensive but feels like an expensive gift. The only problem is to get it before Father's day you need to pay for next day delivery service which costs £6.95. More expensive than the perfume. However, as it is a flat fee I can buy lots of other stuff for me as the whole site is dedicated to make up and skincare and I just can't help my self. 5 gifts for me and 1 for father's day. Perfect.
    Sorry I forgot to mention the site shop4makeup.com
  • horleyflyerhorleyflyer Forumite
    2.6K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I bought a half price FCUK gift set in Boots after Christmas. The other child will be giving a football mag and some haribo !:)
    Girls do it better....
  • Andy_RosAndy_Ros Forumite
    2 posts
    Try a book token from greenmetropolis.com. Dad can make his own choice of books, for only £3.75, including post and packing. Great for all thise booklovers out there.
  • jhawkerjhawker Forumite
    2 posts
    My kids have made cards and vouchers with "promises" for help, like dog walks, tea in bed etc..as a gift, we always insist it is not about a present, but just showing you care for and appreciate us...
  • My middle daughter (15 years) has written a letter to her father telling him why she loves him, and my younger daughter (6 years) is making him a photo album out of card and photographs from our collection.
  • NKLKNKLK Forumite
    970 posts
    I've stocked up in the sales for next year. Mugs saying from daddy's little monster reduced to 67p in Sainsburys.
    This year we did photo mugs. Photo books are always a good idea too. Always plenty of codes flying round so you only have to pay delivery!
    Always remember tcb!
    ..(/(/
    =(';')= Stripper No.28
    .(")(") myfitnesspal: 38lbs lost!! :):)
  • giftbasketsadelaide.com.au has a great variety of father day's gift baskets.
    Great product quality and wide range of gift ideas.