Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe

help telephone harassment but to my in laws looking for me 08453304800

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

help telephone harassment but to my in laws looking for me 08453304800

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
2 replies 5.2K views
dgbnlmdgbnlm Forumite
11 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
hi there
ive got myself into a right state over this its newmans debt collection is there another number i can phone as the in laws are getting constant harrasment but this number is 1.50 a min,its even in my maiden name been married for 6 years now,suffer extreme anxiety and feel realy troubled with this,even if they spoke to my in laws they would tell them i dont stay but they have to press a number which costs alot of money is there an altenitive number so i can sort this ,help thanx, oh i dont even live there so its making wonder how ,where did the get my in laws nimber,dont even know why they looking for me
very stressed x

Replies

• fermifermi Forumite
    40.6K posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok. Slow down.

Several things.

They are after you for a debt in your Maiden name correct? Over six years old?

If so, when did you last acknowledge this debt in writing or make a payment?

Have you received any letters from them?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards and Loans boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Alternative number is 0113 306 0660 and LINK to their website BUT if you do contact them make sure everything is in writing as DCAs have a habit of putting words in your mouth or backtracking on verbally agreed payments:mad::mad:
    if the debt is over 6yrs old it might be their last ditch attempt to get money off you before it can be written off?? Not 100% sure about that but I'm sure the more experienced DFWers will be able to advise you more about it:)
    1.11.09 - debt = £45k:eek:
    [STRIKE]Car Loan = £0[/STRIKE] CCCS Total = £30,246.88 Total Debt Paid off - 32.78%
    DFD [STRIKE]Nov[/STRIKE][STRIKE]Sept[/STRIKE]Aug 2018:o Only 75 payments to go:)
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support