How do you display your Christmas cards?

Options
The house is newly decorated so I'm very reluctant to use the old method of sticking the cards on the wall with blutac. What do others do? Any brilliant ideas out there?

Comments

• nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    We have three internal doors in the lounge, the first year we were here DH nailed a very small nail into the top centre of each door and we hang the red card holders ( they are plastic) onto them. We bluetack the middle and bottom of the "thread" otherwise they swing about.

I saw some nice card displays in Next on Sunday which I will buy in the sales if they are cheap enough, they were star shapes and hung over the top of an internal door.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • Liney_2
    Liney_2 Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I got some thick ribbon and cut it into strips and stapled the cards to them and pinned them on to the picture rail, then I got a different coloured ribbon and tied a big bow and pinned that at the top - it looks really lovely. I also have some giant pine cones and have put my big cards propped up in them on top of the fireplace. I must admit I did steal these ideas from Anthea Turner's Perfect Housewife but they look really good and much tidier than having cards all over the units!
    [size=-2]Remember its nice to be nice and its good to share!

Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind!

Before printing, think about the environment![/size]
  • dora37
    dora37 Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Options
    We have long hallway with double doors into the Living Room. So all the cards are blu tac'd onto the stairs and doors......as they are painted, the blu tac doesn't leave a mark and makes the hall quite christmassy at the same time. :j
  • jembie
    jembie Posts: 936 Forumite
    Options
    I use the nails that pictures are hung on and hang up pieces of string and just hang the cards over.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Don't ever stop believing........
    Never get tired of watching you, someday you will break through.....
  • cheap-n-cheerful
    Options
    I use small pieces of stickytape and put them along the picture rail. Have learnt over the years to dust it first otherwise the sellotape just sticks to the dust and the cards all fall down..says a lot about my standards of housekeeping!!
    I will be rich :rotfl:
  • Alleycat
    Alleycat Posts: 4,601 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We've just put up our 'wall of lights'. Basically its one of the living room walls, with one of those massive nets of lights strung up. We then hang the smaller cards that fit between the lights at an angle. The rest are precariously balanced on the mantlepiece, TV and shelving unit (not that we have that many!).

Trying to get OH to help with the decs today as I can't climb up on things due to a recent foot operation and he is sooo miserable. Really gutted though as we can't put the tree up as there is no room now our little girl has got older and has her toys wedged into the living room (no hallway or space anywhere else either, pants).
    "I've fallen down a hole" - said in best Monty Python voice-over.
  • kethry
    kethry Posts: 1,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    we have two permanent candle holders - the black metal kind - affixed to the wall in the living room. I made 2 long ribbony type pieces of material a year ago, which hang down from those (i affixed a loop of material that goes around the candle holder at one point and fixes to the other side of the ribbon with a poppet), and i staple the cards to these.

At christmas what i do is to get some round pieces of oasis and do a couple of christmas arrangements with a candle that looks absolutely stunning on the wall, and the cards coming down it in a straight line. The rest of the time they're just normal candles.

This shows what i mean:

00027sx3

HTH

keth
    xx
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ribbon with the cards attached at intervals either with double sided sticky tape or those teeny mini pegs you can get :)

I use red gingham and natural wooden pegs for the shaker style look ,with mini wooden hearts at top of ribbon ,but i bet it would look fab with other designs of ribbon etc :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure