Great 'Prom' Hunt

Options
2»

Comments

• whizzing
    whizzing Posts: 294 Forumite
    Options
    If wearing a long dress don't worry about shoes as they won't be seen.
  • Izzi_J
    Izzi_J Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    My daughter and three friends were really happy to save the cost of a limo when her dad got a new company mercedes and agreed to dress up as chauffeur for the night. Unfortunately, he got held up so had to improvise at the eleventh hour. Girls all had a great laugh driving to the prom in my old banger bedecked with pink ribbons and balloons. Must admit, felt a bit of a prat driving home alone tho!!
  • craftoholic
    craftoholic Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    I bought my dress off the sale rack at one of those factory stores, last seasons stock but it was perfect, £100.
    I then wore ballet shoes, with the ribbons, because my dress was short and I really didnt wear heels much at the time and wanted something a bit different. Its worth asking around for things like make up - my friends mom did the majority of our group of girls for nothing and shes a beautician (sp? :/) I think my hair was the biggest waste of money, could have easily done a job on the same level myself. Limo was only about £12 as we all put in for it to bring the price down. Friends mom and dad held a pre prom thing in their garden, with everyones parents and champagne ect. It was red hot on our prom though, and most girls wished they didnt get those big poooofy dresses!

Btw, if anyone is struggling for a dress, pm me - im looking to sell mine, really want someone else to get some enjoyment out of it as it only got worn for about 5 hours!
  • craftoholic
    craftoholic Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    girlrunny wrote: »
    What on earth is an 'up-do' tutorial?

I think someone answered above - but it's like a video on youtube or instructions on how to do your hair all fancy and 'up'! :cool:
  • RosieP5
    RosieP5 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    My prom is a week today ( :O ) and I've got the shoes, sorted my hairstyle, got the dress, got the heels, got the clutch bag - WAIT! I haven't got the clutch bag yet, I can't find one for a reasonable price anywhere! Tried looking round the charity shops, but it seems like everyone's had the same idea because there's nothing!
    Can anyone offer any advice as to where I might find one?
    Thanks
  • rufusdog52
    rufusdog52 Posts: 3,972 Forumite
    Options
    RosieP5 wrote: »
    My prom is a week today ( :O ) and I've got the shoes, sorted my hairstyle, got the dress, got the heels, got the clutch bag - WAIT! I haven't got the clutch bag yet, I can't find one for a reasonable price anywhere! Tried looking round the charity shops, but it seems like everyone's had the same idea because there's nothing!
    Thanks

Have you had a look on Ebay? Check the postage and delivery to make sure they are sending 1st class. Or are there any boot fairs this weekend (weather permitting) or may be Freegle (used to be Freecycle)
  • kymie
    kymie Posts: 439 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks

Have you thought about trying to make a simple drawstring bag out of a fabric to match your dress, found some easy patterns here http://thedomesticdiva.wordpress.com/2007/11/28/sew-easy-drawstring-gift-bags/ or an easy youtube tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHeI8T6mKGs which with the right fabric and some ribbon would look lovely!
  • mico62
    mico62 Posts: 164 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks
    I'm a shoe and bagaholic and DD is always pinching my bags but tells friends they're vintage, I'm so glad she's only got size 3 feet :o
  • RosieP5
    RosieP5 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    kymie wrote: »
    Have you thought about trying to make a simple drawstring bag out of a fabric to match your dress, found some easy patterns here http://thedomesticdiva.wordpress.com/2007/11/28/sew-easy-drawstring-gift-bags/ or an easy youtube tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHeI8T6mKGs which with the right fabric and some ribbon would look lovely!

I've got a textiles exam on Wednesday so I'll have a go at it :)
    Looks really nice, and a small piece of fabric like that I'll prob be able to find around the house! Will put a pic up of the result tomorrow x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure