EXTENDED: You've got another week to add your travel & holiday deals questions for expert MSE Oli as part of the latest Ask An Expert event.
'The 5 official, new consumer Olympic sports' blog discussion
in Martin's blogs & appearances & MoneySavingExpert in the news
8 replies 1.9K views
Former_MSE_Helen Former MSE
This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.
Read Martin's "The 5 official, new consumer Olympic sports" Blog.
Please click 'post reply' to discuss below.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides
Energy Price Cap change
Martin Lewis on what it means for youMSE News
Best £1 you've ever spent?
Share your most impressive bargainsMSE Forum
New MSE Forum avatars available
Try 'em out nowMSE Forum
Half the others are more to do with how often you spend money (i.e. the opposite of MoneySaving) while the others are just fun things that Martin likes doing.
* Mobile phone contract haggling - Who can get the cheapest deal when threatening to cancel?
* Bargain hunting - Competitors given an identical shopping list. Who can get the items for the least money?
* Whoopsie dash - Find your way froma given start position to the reduced items section as soon as the (muffled) announcement is made over the tannoy that new items are there. (Points deducted for those starting on the wrong announcement.)
Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
Followed by the budgeting decathalon - 17 (using official Olympic mathematical principals) cunning events with the ultimate goal of turning a £2bn projected cost into £9bn within a few months!!
And finishing with a commute-athon - a no-holds-barred daily battle of strength, ingenuity and rudeness to see who can beat the overcrowding of all London public transport to get to work on time for a fortnight in 2012. I anticipate hundreds of thousands of unwilling competitors, but very few reaching the qualifying standard....
I got accused of scanning too fast at the self-service tills at Sainsburys the other day, when I caused the damn thing to hiccup - apparently one has to give the scales on the loading tray a chance to settle after putting the items there..
2. choose (click on) the area that looks most suitable for your problem (for example loans, credit cards etc).
3. look for the blue button on the left hand side that says 'new thread'.
4. Click this
5.type your message in the big box,and give it a title in the small box above
6. press 'submit new thread'.
hope that helps x
Only after the last river has been poisoned,
Only after the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten