PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Powdered Egg?

Options
13»

Comments

• Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    Tesco's and Sainsbury do it
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • lisaloolibell
    Options
    Hi if you google the 1940s society shop they sell dried egg powder for about £3.95 for 130g.
  • craftycrofty
    Options
    Does anyone know where I can get powdered egg? I just looked on tesco website but couldn't see it.

Thanks

CC:)
  • bald29eagle
    Options
    Macdonalds serves scrambled egg with their Big Breakfasts in the morning. My wife and I suspect this is a powdered product. No problem with me I actually enjoy it as it reminds me of my early Service days.
    Can anybody who works for Macdonalds or indeed cooks for the Army or orders in the dehidrated food for the squadies tell us who their supplier is?

AL.
  • hannahO_2
    hannahO_2 Posts: 461 Forumite
    Options
    Macdonalds serves scrambled egg with their Big Breakfasts in the morning. My wife and I suspect this is a powdered product. No problem with me I actually enjoy it as it reminds me of my early Service days.
    Can anybody who works for Macdonalds or indeed cooks for the Army or orders in the dehidrated food for the squadies tell us who their supplier is?

AL.
    Apparently, not. It's in liquid form.
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080305062812AAnPWda
    Money is not the root of all evil.
    It depends on how you obtain it and how you use it.

Have you sold your soul to the devil?
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    Powdered egg can be found in the British forces 10 man field rations & are still used in Messes,in the field & on warships where refrigeration isn't possible.
  • Adele_zap
    Options
    I normally use dehydrated eggs to prepare meringue as I am pregnant and with dried eggs there's no salmonella risk!
    I think the result is as good as with fresh eggs :-)
  • Muppet81
    Muppet81 Posts: 951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Never tried soya flour as an egg substitute but used to use garam flour, mixed in the same way. Worked well.
    Thank you for this site :jNow OH and I are both retired, MSE is a Godsend
  • metherer
    metherer Posts: 560 Forumite
    Options
    I've been looking for dried egg recently as I want to try some authentic WW2 recipes.

The supermarkets only seem to stock dried egg white, and I wanted whole egg. I've eventually found this site:
    Egg Powder Products - Baking - International Egg Products
    https://www.internationalegg.co.uk/baking_egg_powder.html

£6.50 for 250 grams, plus £2 P&P.

They say 25 grams made up with 75grams water is equivalent to 2 medium eggs, so it makes a decent amount.

It may be a modern dried egg, with the benefits of our improved technology, but i still don't think I'll be trying it scrambled!
    Not heavily in debt, but still trying to sort things out.
    Baby due July 2018.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport