🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Help, Dh's xmas pressie!

Options
Have already got one of his presents which is a book but he's said he wants a certain game for xmas which spoils it as I want it to be a suprise! Do you think I should get him the game he wants and rely on his other gift to be the main suprise or should I get him the game and something else smaller, or just get him something bigger that isn't the game so it's totally a suprise???
Argh men! What do I do?:confused:
Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
Que sera, sera. <3

Comments

• Willsnarf1983
    Options
    get hinm what he asked for otherwise what u get him might be rubbish

Will
    SShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • earwig
    earwig Posts: 1,097 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    buy him the game tell him that you allready have his pressant and you cant aford to buy another pressie then it will be a surprise when he gets the game when you wrap it wrap it in a box so it dosnt look like a game when he see it under the treee and tell everyone else what you have done so no one else buys him the game
    i cant slow down i wont be waiting for you i cant stop now because im dancing
  • immoral_angeluk
    Options
    get hinm what he asked for otherwise what u get him might be rubbish

Will

Ye of little faith in my shopping ability! lol!
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • sophiesmum_2
    Options
    I'd go with earwig , - get him the game but disguise it as something else so he still gets a surprise but gets what he wants.

How about lots of boxes wrapped one inside the other with last box a ring box saying where game is. Did this with OH one year and his pressie was wrapped and hidden in the xmas tree waiting.It was fun watching him unwrapping box after box. I just saved boxes from cereals,etc that fitted inside each other.

sophiesmum
    Reduce,re-use, recycle.

• tyllwyd
    tyllwyd Posts: 5,496 Forumite
    Options
    Well, your DH obviously isn't bothered about it being a surprise or else he wouldn't have told you what he wanted. I'd get the game and the book and don't worry about it!
  • David_B_2
    Options
    Get the game!!

If I'd asked for the game and looking forward to it but I never got it then I'd be cheesed off! (speaking from experience).

Not worth the hassle.
    Regards,
    Dave

If only I had a pound for every time I used the thanks button :D
  • immoral_angeluk
    Options
    David_B wrote:
    Get the game!!

If I'd asked for the game and looking forward to it but I never got it then I'd be cheesed off! (speaking from experience).

Not worth the hassle.

lol that's true actually never thought of it like that. He's obsessed by his xbox games so I think he'd be the same if he asked! He's just a big kid really lol.
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • fishpond
    fishpond Posts: 1,022 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In the true spirit of saving money.
    Kick him out before xmas and then after xmas tell him you cann't live without him and have him back.
    Don't have to buy any pressies then!;)

Failing that, buy him what he wants, just don't let on untill xmas morning.
    I am a LandLord,(under review) so there!:p
  • itsarichmansworld
    Options
    Fishpond LMAO!!!!

Brill I'd say get him the game no point wasting money in case he doesnt like what you get him

Iwantoneofthose.com plus quidco points!!!!!
    Isn't the knowledge that comes from experience more valuable than the knowledge that doesn't?
  • melaniec_2
    Options
    I agree there is nothing worse than being asked for a list and not getting what you really wanted
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport