PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

dog hair on surfaces - was moved why?

Options
dog hair on surfaces - was moved why? I oringinally posted about dog hair being just spread around when I cleaned worktops / sinks. wiped cupboards / cleaned skirting boards. It got merged with a discussion about dog hair in the carpet, which wasn't what I wanted advice about. Thats only one tiny part of the problem.

I have established regular hoovering with a dyson animal, grooming, slicker brushes, jml wonder brooms, wet rubber gloves solve part of the carpet problem but not the work tops.

Who decides what is moved and why?

Thanks

Meames

Comments

• bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    Meames - there was an explanation in the thread - i posted the thread about dog hair on clothes and have no objects to it being all merged into that thread on combatting dog hair getting everywhere!
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • meames_2
    meames_2 Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks, I couldn't see an explanation, however, my thread isn't a hoover related one, which is what it seemed to merge into.

Perhaps I should say - when I clean why does it just move the dirt rather than pick it up!
  • MrsBartolozzi
    MrsBartolozzi Posts: 6,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Perhaps it's how you dust?

I find that dry dusting just seems to move dust and hair etc around, but if I use an electrostatic duster, or damp cloth or even the Dyson then the dust stays away for longer.

It's only a game
    ~*~*~ We're only here to dream ~*~*~
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi Meames

Pink did give an explanation in this post :) I see you're relatively new to Old Style - welcome:A . Most boards work differently - and in Old Style we merge similar threads together. This means if someone has dog hair concerns in future, all the replies are in one thread together

this thread may give some other ideas

Dusting

Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• meames_2
    meames_2 Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks,

I was in a bit of a strop yesterday, thrown into a meeting suddenly with no time to prepare and later I was in a rush looking for my thread, I was just miffed. Sorry...

I have found that it is the wet cleaning that causes me the problems rather than the dry. When dusting I use a wet cloth cos i hate furniture polich and thats fine, but when cleaning my kitchen cupbard doors or sink, its threes times, once dry to wipe the top layer of dust, 2nd wet to clean, 3rd dry to lift some of the fur up i didn't know was there till I cleaned! its a cleaning not dusting problem.

Sorry for rant and thank you for welcome.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure