We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

My first goal is to..

Options
get under £30K debt.I think psychologically seeing £29+++ instead of £30+++ will make a real difference-I think I'll feel like I'm getting somewhere then.
Debts Jan 2014 £20,108.34 :eek:

EF #70 £0/£1000

SW 1st 4lbs

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I agree, Ive become a little stale of late and I am looking forward to Feb when I will be sub £40K and when I see £39K it will be such a relief. I cant believe having 'Only 39K of debt' will be a relief!!:confused:
  • clarab_3
    clarab_3 Posts: 691 Forumite
    Options
    My first goal is to...

get through christmas alive:rolleyes:

And pay off my last Credit Card by easter £2008.73 to go!
  • Toomuchdebt
    Toomuchdebt Posts: 2,132 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lennymfo wrote:
    I agree, Ive become a little stale of late and I am looking forward to Feb when I will be sub £40K and when I see £39K it will be such a relief. I cant believe having 'Only 39K of debt' will be a relief!!:confused:
    Just imagine when we can say our next goal is to be under £1K of debt and then to pay it all off :)
    Debts Jan 2014 £20,108.34 :eek:

EF #70 £0/£1000

SW 1st 4lbs
  • crawley_girl
    crawley_girl Posts: 2,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It is all psychological cos 29 is less 30.

Thats why everything for sale in shops is priced at £x and 99p cos it makes us think we are getting a bargain.

I feel the same about my debts!

:heartpuls CG :heartpuls
    Ever wonder about those people who spend £2 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backward.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just imagine when we can say our next goal is to be under £1K of debt and then to pay it all off :)
    under 5 years 2 go
  • Broken_hearted
    Options
    Going under £10,000 will be a big achievment for me from 5 figures down to 4.
    Barclaycard 3800

Nothing to do but hibernate till spring

• yung
    yung Posts: 700 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    whatever your goal I wish you all good luck with achieving them. remember determination and discipline is the key, I have been there and done it.
    Yung
    Early Retiree debt & stress free. and Joined the SKI club:j

• themaccas
    themaccas Posts: 1,453 Forumite
    Options
    Under 30K was a biggie for me but the most amazing one will be the sub 1k although I can't wait for the sub 10k.

So many milestones, so much time.........:rolleyes:
    Debtfree JUNE 2008 - Thank you MSE:T
  • tomandjerry
    Options
    yung wrote:
    whatever your goal I wish you all good luck with achieving them. remember determination and discipline is the key, I have been there and done it.

So you must be a debt free?!

My first or second goal is to get another job(s) and get my debt under £25,000 by the end of next year. Now debt is around £33 - 34,000.:eek: :eek: (ss , james and the rest of you are a great example how to do it!) Lots to do, but I'm very determined to succeed. I don't know how long it takes to be a debt free with a dmp (having another app next week), but my personal latest dfd is by 2011 (hope before that). Can't wait. :j :D

tomandjerry.
    DMP started 2/2007
    DMP Mutual support #136
    DFD July 2013 May 2024 Oct 2017 Feb 2017 April 2017...t's complicated :eek::eek:
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yung - any good tips to share with all the DFW's?
    November NSD's - 7
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family