We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Bad credit?..info needed on unsecured loans?

50g50
50g50 Posts: 2 Newbie
I am looking for some information on loans , I recently applied to my bank for a £1,000 , but was refused , my next step was to apply for an unsecured loan thro a broker , it seemed I would be a good candidate but there seemed to be a problem with my credit file , which has now been adjusted ( I wasnt on the electoral roll ) . Now it transpires they cannot lend me my funds as I am not a home owner & would need a guarantor which is not possible at present . They also suggested I improve my credit rating by applying for a Vanquis CC .....declined :(

So now im wondering if there is any thing else I can do to either improve my credit rating , and to secure a loan . Ive considered applying for other cc online or would this not be advisable .......

any suggestions please ?

Comments

  • CHR15
    CHR15 Posts: 5,193
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Did you pay your "broker" a fee for not finding you a loan?
  • Emmzi
    Emmzi Posts: 8,658
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    it takes a while for yu to show up on the electoral rle after you register. generally to get credit you need
    - not to have defaults or CCJs
    - not to have lots of borrowing already
    - to be on electoral roll
    - not to move house too often
    Debt free 4th April 2007.
    New house. Bigger mortgage. MFWB after I have my buffer cash in place.
  • 50g50
    50g50 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Yes i paid £50
  • KingElvis
    KingElvis Posts: 4,100 Forumite
    50g50 wrote: »
    Yes i paid £50

    Kiss that goodbye then :(
    "We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here, and we want them now!"
  • GAH
    GAH Posts: 1,034 Forumite
    I would not apply for anymore credit at present, If you have been turned down on a Vanquis card, you need to sort you credit file out first otherwise If you apply again to quickly you will make things worse.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.