We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Proposed Mortgage Broker Code of Conduct

Options

Comments

• kenshaz
    kenshaz Posts: 3,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They all lived happily ever after in the land of mortgages,because of an imaginary being with magical powers who visited them and granted them what they had always longed for a code of conduct . The naughty boy who had angered all the hard working broker elves was content ,because he knew that all the visitors to Mortgage Land would be be protected from the wicked Spam selling touts who sometimes visit .
    Never again would there be strife in the land of mortgages,thanks to the granting of a wish,but broker elves will always remember the visit from the imaginary being and his hard working team,who never seemed to be mean no matter how much abuse he had seen in the posts of the good the bad and the extreme.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To be happy you need to make someone happy.[/FONT]
  • UK007BullDog
    Options
    kenshaz wrote:
    They all lived happily ever after in the land of mortgages,because of an imaginary being with magical powers who visited them and granted them what they had always longed for a code of conduct . The naughty boy who had angered all the hard working broker elf's was content ,because he new that all the visitors to Mortgage Land would be be protected from the wicked Spam selling touts who sometimes visit .
    Never again would there be strive in the land of mortgages,thanks to the granting of a wish,but broker elf's will always remember the visit from the imaginary being and his hard working team,who never seemed to be mean no matter how much abuse he had seen in the posts of the good the bad and the extreme.

I am also very happy that there is a Code of Conduct. However it remains to be seen if it will help all those thousands of people who come here for help.

I am also happy to see that things have settled down and that both sides see that here we have free speech and can post answers.

I am also happy to see that the CoC states that the people requesting help go forth and speak to a broker if they are unsure of the answers and that Martin encourages to do this.

I am also happy to see that the board can go back to what it was designed for. To help people.
  • whiteflag_3
    whiteflag_3 Posts: 1,395 Forumite
    Options
    kenshaz wrote:
    The naughty boy who had angered all the hard working broker elf's was content ,because he new that all the visitors to Mortgage Land would be be protected from the wicked Spam selling touts who sometimes visit .

Job done, the contented naughty boy vanished into thin air never to be seen again.....:rotfl:
  • kenshaz
    Options
    whiteflag wrote:
    Job done, the contented naughty boy vanished into thin air never to be seen again.....:rotfl:
    last seen waving a White flag walking into the sunset .:wave:
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To be happy you need to make someone happy.[/FONT]
  • EdInvestor
    EdInvestor Posts: 15,749 Forumite
    Options
    whiteflag wrote:

You know I'm sure I saw him over on the Pensions board, just a few minutes ago.... ;):D

:wave:
    Trying to keep it simple...;)
  • kenshaz
    Options
    EdInvestor wrote:
    You know I'm sure I saw him over on the Pensions board, just a few minutes ago.... ;):D

:wave:
    That was my Dad (looks like Harrison Ford),just retired with an earning related pension and a lump sum,so he needs some advice.I provided a link to Dunstonh for him ,recommended for the best advice on the forum.I am a non adviser so it was not in breach of the code.

dunstonh vbmenu_register("postmenu_3704436", true); link recommended in a motion by Martin
  • kenshaz
    Options
    Thanks Silvercar I always recognised you as a moderate with a sense of humour.
  • MortgageMamma
    Options
    kenshaz wrote:
    They all lived happily ever after in the land of mortgages,because of an imaginary being with magical powers who visited them and granted them what they had always longed for a code of conduct . The naughty boy who had angered all the hard working broker elves was content ,because he knew that all the visitors to Mortgage Land would be be protected from the wicked Spam selling touts who sometimes visit .
    Never again would there be strife in the land of mortgages,thanks to the granting of a wish,but broker elves will always remember the visit from the imaginary being and his hard working team,who never seemed to be mean no matter how much abuse he had seen in the posts of the good the bad and the extreme.

I can't believe you are taking credit for the broker code - stop flattering yourself! The code only enforces the rules we adhered to anyway. so, apart from alerting new brokers and forum users to the rules, it won't change the way any of the brokers operate within the forums.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • kenshaz
    Options
    I am taking credit for recognising a need, and bringing it to the forefront and attention of the management.I was not responsible for the implementation ,Martin was and I give him full credit for that. I will go down in the history of this web-site as the martyr who took on the many and came through it .;)
  • Ian_W
    Ian_W Posts: 3,778 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    kenshaz wrote:
    I will go down in the history of this web-site as the martyr who took on the many and came through it .
    You may say that .................. :rolleyes:
    I couldn't possibly comment! ;)
    :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business