Help - desperate and don't know where to start!

Options
I'm in teh never ending debt spiral and I cannot seem to get out - I seem to have managed to get loans to pay credit cards and overdrafts off and yet I then just re-use the credit cards and overdraft and am in a worse position than when I started so dont want to go there. I am useless. The debt is so bad I cannot see a way to start reducing it so I give up.... Has anyone else that was as useless as me got any good tips for starting out?!

Total debt: £62,800

Mortgage: £31,000 (approx)
Other: £31,800 (approx)

Credit card 1: £5,800 (approx) interest free for the moment
Credit card 2: £3,000 (approx)
Overdraft: £2,000 (approx)
Student loan: £3,000 (approx) low interest rate
Partner: £6,000 (approx) interest free at the moment
Loan: £12,000 (approx) low interest fixed

I don't even know what the exact amounts are - head in sand philosophy and life to busy to sit and work it out type attitude!

Comments

• ricksExpensive
    Options
    Morning MrsTurnip

Chill out, and dont worry your head is the first thing then

Could you please post up your monthly income and outgoings, this is first thing people tend to ask for to help you out.

Keep a smile on your face :)
    Debt at lightbulb moment £9500
    Credit Card NOTHING! :T :T
    ALL DEBTS PAID OFF
    Proud to be dealing with my Debt! :D
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hiya Mrs Turnip :wave:

dont stress overly right now.

the best thing you can do now is read Southern Scousers sticky and do for us a statement of affiars or SOA. thats all your incomes & outgoings & debts & APRs.

Read the sticky and use martins budget planner to help you ( at top of page)

Have a nice :coffee: sort through your papers. Once youve done that, post the SOA up here, and we can have a good luck and see what savings there are, and what advice we can give you :)

hang in there you are among freinds :)

Lynz
    x
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • dancingfairy
    Options
    Just wanted to say hi and welcome :hello: Don't panic we can help you sort it out. You need to do your SOA first as Lynz says then we can see where to go from there. Don't worry if it takes you a while. We'll still be here when you get back.
    Making my money go further with MSE :j
    How much can I save in 2012 challenge
    75/1200 :eek:
  • MrsTurnip
    Options
    OK - thats a mammoth task (thats how bad I am) so I will start by dedicatingthis weekend to turf out all my nasty horrid statements and credit card bills (I normally leave them unopened!) and will do a full summary of the awful picture.... and then come back to you guys for some great help later on after the weekend....! THANK YOU!
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    No problem sugar :)

and also, as a rule here, we dont include mortgages in debt ;) ( but arrears are counted as a rule) but many of us will be heading to mortgage free wannabee when the other debts have gone!

Dont panic :)
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • anniestar
    anniestar Posts: 2,600 Forumite
    Options
    Hi just wanted to say welcome to the board. Dont worry you will get loads of help here.
    Blind as you run...aware you were staring at the sun.

And when no hope was left inside on that starry starry night.

:A Level 42- the reason I exist. :A
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi there Mrs turnip,

Welcome to DFW. Might be interesting to look at the start of Moozie's thread on this board, "Too scared to work out what I owe". And obviously what lynz and the others say, have a cuppa and start opening the envelopes and putting them into piles/date order.

Don't worry and come back soon.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • Morglin
    Morglin Posts: 15,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Post your SOA and then you'll get help from this board.

If you need to actually see someone and talk to them, then try this, as they will refer you to someone local:

http://www.cccs.co.uk/

Good luck

Lin :)
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure