PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Ironing Mens Trousers

Options
Hi I am looking for advice regarding preparing mens trousers to take to an ironing service.
I bought a steam press but I am having a problem with trousers so I have decided to pay to get them ironed. Could anyone advise me the best setting for the washing/dryer machine so they dont come out very wrinkled, I realize all machines are not the same but hopefully you will be able to give me some tips. Thanks
Low Carb High Fat is the way forward I lost 80 lbs

Since first using Martins I have saved thousands

Comments

• grizzly1911
    grizzly1911 Posts: 9,965 Forumite
    Options
    Not to sure about the washing cycle as ours come out pretty much the same.

It is more the drying and subsequent storage pre ironing that will make the creases more difficult to get out.

Try to line dry rather tumble.

Try to iron was just dry.

For more delicate pressing and to avoid shine on some materials I have always used, an ironing board, standard or steam iron and a damp/rung out clean smooth tea towel.

Make sure you line up the seams and crease. Inner leg face down. Lay the teatowel on top - make sure it is smooth otherwise the folds will imprint on the material, then iron.

If they are really smart trousers I do not press too hard until I am happy with the positioning on the creases - at least using an iron and teatowel you can lift the towel and check.

If you are doing a few pairs dampen the tea towel every so often all though steaming through a dry towel will work too.
    "If you act like an illiterate man, your learning will never stop... Being uneducated, you have no fear of the future.".....

"big business is parasitic, like a mosquito, whereas I prefer the lighter touch, like that of a butterfly. "A butterfly can suck honey from the flower without damaging it," "Arunachalam Muruganantham
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure