Compensation claim and payplan

Options
Hello.
I'm in serious financial trouble and, thanks to the help on people on here, i am about to apply to payplan.
I have a compensation claim pending (court date 25th jan) i have been told i have two thirds of a chance of winning but even then will only probably receive about £500...wish i'd never bothered in first place, been more hassle than its worth but that another story'
So far i've put off ringing payplan because when /if i get the compensation i guess the creditors will want it. The trouble is i owe my parents £800 and as their retired and desperate for the money back i would like any money to go to them.
Where do i stand on this? if i win will i have to declare it? I have nothing in writing about the money i owe my parents (well, who does)! Should i mention it when i contact PP?
Thanks in advance for any advice
"The only time money comes before work is in the dictionary"

Comments

• biglad
    biglad Posts: 617 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    When i spoke to payplan about something similar they said if i came into money then it was upto me if i told them about it, my question was about inheritence
  • miky36
    miky36 Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    Ohh thanks for that. Like i said i'm not even certain i'm going to get anything, but at least i now know i can safely mention it and more importantly go ahead now rather than leaving things much longer.
    Thanks...x
    "The only time money comes before work is in the dictionary"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family