I knew chrimbo was going to be tight but.......

Options
right i knew december was going to be a skint month but its cost me a fortune for things ive been roped into...................

Starters,
friends party took a cocktail cheapest i could find the ingrediants for was £30 nightmare, i did search everywhere
Ball £30
Dinner suit £67
Team night out £40
thats a minimum of £170

this isnt including any drinks on the two nights out either............

Mad Aint it
that could of gone off a credit card, im not fussed as i know its december and i like to have a good time, sorry rant over.

this doesnt include christmas presents which i have bought (3 people- all nice bargains but still money) £80

NEW YEARS RESOLUTION IS TO GET OUT OF DEBT

hey ho at least its christmas :T
Gotta buy a ticket to win the raffle

Comments

• climbgirl
    climbgirl Posts: 1,504 Forumite
    Options
    Hmmm I don't think you've been shopping around enough - a Harvey Wallbanger is basically just vodka and orange juice. I know you can get that for under £30. And that's just off the top of my head, a bit of internet research could bring up more optiosn I'm sure

And what's the dress suit at £67, is that rental?! My BF is renting a tux from Debenhams for just under £40, we didn't shop around all that much either.

Are you really sure you're doing things for as cheap as possible?
  • MasterBell_2
    Options
    no i bought one as it works out cheaper the cocktail i made used rum (cheapest i could find was £7 a litre) and fruit liquor which cost the £15 then lemons oj and pineapple juice,

wanted somethin original cant even remember what it was called
    Gotta buy a ticket to win the raffle
  • davek1
    davek1 Posts: 590 Forumite
    Options
    blimey u can get a dinner suit for £40 in tesco's, asda and matalan. why hire when u can buy for that money
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure