Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down
my husband took out a loan with his ex wife in 1996, then they separated. this loan was for a kitchen, which was certainly not worth £4676. this loan agreement has no start date or end date, it just says 120 mths. it has ppi on it even though it had free life assurance. monthly outgoings only asked for the monthly mortgage payment, no other outgoings. this loan was taken out with FIRST NATIONAL BANK plc. but the debt is being dealt with by ASSET LINK, we have only had 2 statements, and on each statement the start date and amount borrowed are different. also the origional agreement has no agreement number and is not signed by the person who dealt with the loan. can any one please tell me if this loan could be uninforceable. as we have now being paying this thing through warrants for the last 15 years, and the amount they say we still owe is nearly £4000 still.
Never play with your Bellybutton your Bum could fall off.:rotfl:

Replies

• zpppzppp Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    inamegajam wrote: »
    my husband took out a loan with his ex wife in 1996, then they separated. this loan was for a kitchen, which was certainly not worth £4676. this loan agreement has no start date or end date, it just says 120 mths. it has ppi on it even though it had free life assurance. monthly outgoings only asked for the monthly mortgage payment, no other outgoings. this loan was taken out with FIRST NATIONAL BANK plc. but the debt is being dealt with by ASSET LINK, we have only had 2 statements, and on each statement the start date and amount borrowed are different. also the origional agreement has no agreement number and is not signed by the person who dealt with the loan. can any one please tell me if this loan could be uninforceable. as we have now being paying this thing through warrants for the last 15 years, and the amount they say we still owe is nearly £4000 still.

Welcome to MSE

No the loan is not unenforceable. I suggest you have a look at the case McGuffick v RBS which tested your beliefs about agreements not bearing signatures etc.

Also, you have posted in the wrong area, this post should really go on the Loans board.
    Best Regards

zppp :)

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard