A good buy this Xmas? Heelys?

Options
Hi everyone,

have been looking at those heelies/heelys (trainers with built in wheels) as a possible pressie for the kids and wondered if anyone had any experiences with them?
I know they have been around for a while now but no one has them where I live so would they be a good buy? I'm thinking of cost (of course!), safety and if kids will get bored with them quickly?

Any advice/thoughts much appreciated.

charliegirl

Comments

• duc999
    Options
    I ordered two pairs of flying shoes - same as Heely type - placed email order, payed by paypal and got them promptly - would highly recommend - £25.00 per pair plus £5.00 shipping costs. I think there are a few colours available, I got plum with grey and white & blue. Dont know if there is a website but contact can be made on abc2z@fsmail.net and they will provide a list of what sizes are available. Lots of my friends have ordered now as well and all of them have received there's in just a day after paying. One or two of my friends were a bit sceptical so they even got the shoes before they had to pay. If you want a cheaper version to try I would go with these. Hope this helps.
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I got my niece a pair of Heelys for her Xmas, so can't say whether it's a novelty or not.

You can also get those Street Glider things that clip to training shoes (they sell a cheaper version, Heelie Wheelies, for £5.99 in The Works) which might be a better option with kids growing out of shoes quickly.

http://www.savapoint.com/savapoint/productinfo.php?checkcookies=yes&prodid=5112&ref=savema061119 Just a pic as a guide, these are the ones in The Works :)

The Heelys do look well made, I've heard the 2 wheel versions are a bit safer than the 1 wheel ones, can't say as they haven't been used yet.

I saw the flying shoes mentioned before and was a bit nervous about an email address and no website. There's also a site that does a cheap version of Heelys, posted elsewhere.

It's http://www.nurseryandtoys.com/invt/26472
  • Liney_2
    Liney_2 Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Have just ordered a pink pair from nursery and toys.com hope they arrive in time for Christmas for my neice.
    [size=-2]Remember its nice to be nice and its good to share!

Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind!

Before printing, think about the environment![/size]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport