Wording for menus for tables (help with the veggies!)

OK
Trying to sort out my menus to be placed on the tables. There is ony one option (meat!), unless vegetarian has been requested prior to the day. But I would like to put the vegetarian option on the menu so they know what they are eating, but dont want it to look like an "option" incase someone looks at the menu and doesnt fancy the meat option. So my question is, how do I word the menu?

Help please!

Kelly xx

Comments

• ellay864
    ellay864 Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Can't you offer people the choice before hand? We only have one choice of meal, but also a vegetarian option. I'm letting my guests know what the two options are and asking them to choose - I know many meat-eaters may simply prefer the veggie option on food taste rather than any moral choice grounds
  • Are you having arranged seating, with place names at tables? If so, you could print up a Vegetarian specific menu and place it at the seat of each vegetarian (i'm assuming there are only a few) maybe even with their names on the front/inside. That way the vegetarians get to see what's coming without any meat-eaters going "oooh that sounds nicer" :)
    when the first cup of coffee tastes like washing up she knows she's losing it :o
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Are you having arranged seating, with place names at tables? If so, you could print up a Vegetarian specific menu and place it at the seat of each vegetarian (i'm assuming there are only a few) maybe even with their names on the front/inside. That way the vegetarians get to see what's coming without any meat-eaters going "oooh that sounds nicer" :)

Very similiar to what I was planning but in the end had no veggies for the meal! I had 2 of each normal menu on each table, one for the children at the table and was having one for the veggies
  • Scotsbride
    Scotsbride Posts: 960 Forumite
    As a Vegetarian I have to say it's your wedding and their decision to be veggie so don't worry about the menu for veggies. I went to a wedding where I just had the same as everyone else minus the meat it was fine.
    :kisses3: Married 29th September 2012:love:
  • I am guessing that you will know who the vegetarians are before hand so can you not put "for vegetarians" or "alternative for vegetarians"? The easiest thing would be to give people the option before the day so any meat people who prefer the veggie option can already have selected it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure