Letter from Hillside Services

Options
1235»

Comments

• rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    How can they refer a debt without even telling you?

Unfortunately, mmm, they do - and all too often.

I think it is worth a formal letter of complaint to your bank.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • Cherie-J
    Cherie-J Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 6 January 2010 at 12:44PM
    Options
    They are a debt collection agency.
    No matter what lies they tell you, no matter what they pretend to be, they are simply using deceipt to obtain information.

They are trying to exctract information out of you using deceipt. Remember they will try and use even the smallest piece of information you give them. Don't give them anything that helps them harrass you!

THEY LIED TO ME TO TRY AND GET INFORMATION ABOUT A PREVIOUS RESIDENT, IF THEY WERE HONEST I MAY HAVE HELPED THEM BUT I DO NOT HELP DISHONEST PEOPLE. DO NOT TRUST THEM.
  • pepe2008
    pepe2008 Posts: 5,158 Forumite
    Options
    Copy the card or letter, and send it to the OFT or your local Trading Standards Office.

We must COMPLAIN about these scum! The OFT will only act on taking away their Licence when they are faced with a large number of Complaints.....yours could be the one that means they take notice.
    :D:D stay wonky :D:D

....one-way ticket to Portugal booked !
  • keithrjones
    keithrjones Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Acen wrote: »
    My brother recieved a letter but this time with his details on. Now he does have some debts with the banks but he has arranged a paying off plan with them. So no real reason for these people (I use that very loosely) to send him a letter. If you feel like calling them up here's there details.

Few facts here everyone you should take onboard. 1) The email address below isnt corporate in anyway 2) there website tracingonline - is just a a load of flower pictures. CSA registered or not. The company feels very much like a here today/gone tomorrow shoddy debt collecting business.

Hillside Services Ltd

Clifton House
    Clifton Mills
    Bailiff Bridge
    Brighouse
    HD6 4JJ

They are still in existence! I had a letter today addressed to "Mr Jones". Opened it, it was for my nephew, who has gone to Australia, leaving our address as a sort of PO box.
  • dc4eva
    Options
    Got a letter from them this morning, with no name on the front of the envelope, im staying at my partners parents house and they opened the letter.

Firstly, any worthwhile company who wants to get in contact with a specific person WILL place your full name on the front of the envelope.
    The writing on the front of the envelope, was at best, the work of a primary school child. How the postman got it to the right address I will never know.

On reading the paper slip inside, again, the writing was of a very poor standard, and I struggled to understand the writing. Any professional company, would make it ALL written in computer and ink, rather than jotted down unproffessionally.

As soon as I read the letter, I "googled" it and my suspisions were correct. Debt recovery (well a tracing company) I visited the Hillside website, which looked very professional (hint of sarcasim :D ) then looked on here and yahoo answers. There I was directed to the second company Trace + Connect. Basically they work for third parties. As soon as you ring and give your "message number" they put you straight through to your creditors, so that they can speak to you. Take a look, I learnt alot of information, on what they do. It also gives names of some of there people they work for ike, Natwest / RBOS / Abbey / Welcome finance to name a few.

Now, my debts are very high, im going through a messy divorce my house was respossed, so I moved to stop being hasseled. I was getting several calls from different companies a day regarding money I owe. I will be filling for bankruptcy as soon as I can get the funds together to do so. But im starting to find out what types of underhand tactics some companies use. If the companies had listerned to my troubles from the outset, then I most proberly would hve been in this situation.

WHAT HILLSIDE ARE DOING IS ILLEGAL!!!

I found this on another site which I found useful:

1. Talk about total disregard for the OFT.

2 UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES
    Communication
    2.1 It is unfair to communicate, in whatever form, with consumers in an unclear,
    inaccurate or misleading manner.
    2.2 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:
    a. use of official looking documents intended or likely to mislead
    debtors as to their status, for example, documents made to resemble court
    claims.
    b. leaving out or presenting information in such a way that it
    creates a false or misleading impression or exploits debtors'
    lack of knowledge
    c. those contacting debtors not making clear who they are, who
    they work for, what their role is, what the purpose of the
    contact is
    Not to mention the Fraud Act 2006:

2 Fraud by false representation

(1) A person is in breach of this section if he—
    (a) dishonestly makes a false representation, and
    (b) intends, by making the representation—
    (i) to make a gain for himself or another, or
    (ii) to cause loss to another or to expose another to a risk of loss.
    (2) A representation is false if—
    (a) it is untrue or misleading, and
    (b) the person making it knows that it is, or might be, untrue or misleading.
    (3) “Representation” means any representation as to fact or law, including a representation as to the state of mind of—
    (a) the person making the representation, or
    (b) any other person.
    (4) A representation may be express or implied.
    (5) For the purposes of this section a representation may be regarded as made if it (or anything implying it) is submitted in any form to any system or device designed to receive, convey or respond to communications (with or without human intervention).
    3 Fraud by failing to disclose information

A person is in breach of this section if he—
    (a) dishonestly fails to disclose to another person information which he is under a legal duty to disclose, and
    (b) intends, by failing to disclose the information—
    (i) to make a gain for himself or another, or
    (ii) to cause loss to another or to expose another to a risk of loss.

I will not be ringing, as if they play unfair, then Ill play unfair, anyway, as the letter did not have my name on the front, nor was the writing up to a understandable nature, I never got it.............I cant wait to go bankrupt, to stop idiots like this!
  • 30something
    Options
    why havent the FOT taken these people to court?? as these r the dreges of society not the unfortunate people they are out to con???
    It doesnt shock me to know that they are in league with the high street banks and building societies!!
  • Nochance_2
    Nochance_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 28 February 2011 at 4:23PM
    Options
    In the last year we have received letters from various debt collection companies.
    Now we have one from Hillside no details as to what it refers to.
    Hand written with just my first name (but its not me) and an extension number and a pre printed sentence this is not a sales company nor is our phone number charged at premium rates...How kind

I know who the debt belongs to and i know what for. The only thing
    they have in common with me is we share the same name
    The last company was called SRJ or RSJ....Or something like that and their last letter (Last week) give me a deadline of 7 days then they were basically taking me to court.
    What i want to know is am i doing the right thing ignoring them
  • RickieFlack
    Options
    I've received from them too,and it's got to be about an ex girlfriends debt (of about 6-7 years ago who worked for RBS and apparently had a staff loan, that I'm responsible for, er noooo, oh by the way RBS refused years ago to produce the documents that said I'd agreed, funny that eh!).

I've only just found out today Hillside Services Ltd have been searching my credit record without my permission (or knowledge for that matter), and wait for the double whammy!

I quit creditexpert.com (finally after many attempts) and since I had paid time left I thought I'd download a most up to date copy of my report.

Guess what - my report is different;
    Credit Report 4th April 2011 - 7 pages
    Credit Report 12th April 2011 - 32 pages

And Hillside has been searching - a year ago that never showed up till I quit the site, I checked back on several saved versions and no mention.

I'm also apparently in about £2000 in debt that I don't know about either according to this latest report.

So CreditExpert.co.uk and Experian (it's backend - please feel free to have mental images of what I mean by that) are inside their legal obligations along with Hillside Services Ltd or are they all doing what's not allowed.

i.e. I think using undue force (physical or otherwise - and battering your rating without you knowing is) to ensure payment of any debt is illegal, as is chasing a 3rd party I think (pretty sure), love to hear why Hillside Services Ltd is allowed to search my credit record (and appear on it obviously not to me but I would have to presume to others, which would again make lenders, etc. back off quite sharply) and not be available for my paid viewing by the TV advertising hypocrites.

Like pay per view movies in the livingroom, whilst they nick the rest of your household goods. Didn't sign up for that!!!

So in short Hillside BAD, Experian BAD, CreditExpert.co.uk BAD and all those that deal with them.

PS Hillside - I'm moving down there in a few weeks - see you at your office :D hope you can tell me what your doing and why.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure