Help needed for my son's 4th Birthday

Hello all.
I have booked the venue, hired a bouncy castle and ball pit, face painter and mats with jungle gym type large shapes for the smaller ones. But I am stuck on a theme.

My son is into different things but nothing that stands out for a theme.

There will be a mix of both boys and girls there ages around 2-7 yrs so unsure on what to do for a theme.

The venue has an outside [fenced off] and inside. I'm hoping it will be warm as the end of July.

Anyone have any theme ideas I can use for fancy dress that can follow onto the cake and decorations??

Thanks for reading any advice would be great :)
The day I had my Beautiful son is the day everything came together for me. For someone so small he done so much and made me complete.

Comments

• LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    kings and queens since you have the castle and you could even set up a crafty activity corner to make the crowns
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • LJM wrote: »
    kings and queens since you have the castle and you could even set up a crafty activity corner to make the crowns

I like the idea but it's limited for boys really. Girls can get so many dresses to be princess and queens but leaves boys with very little.
    The day I had my Beautiful son is the day everything came together for me. For someone so small he done so much and made me complete.
  • PinkLipgloss
    PinkLipgloss Posts: 1,451 Forumite
    "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" (Douglas Adams)
  • podperson
    podperson Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I like the idea but it's limited for boys really. Girls can get so many dresses to be princess and queens but leaves boys with very little.

Maybe could expand it to knights and princesses? The boys could have makeshift armour, swords and shields - if they had hobby horses could do jousting in the outside area :) (sorry that may be making chaos for you!!)
  • stormbreaker
    stormbreaker Posts: 2,289 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I would not bother with a theme for 4yr old unless something simple like baloons. If they are on bouncy castle and in and out of a ball pit the children want to be comfy in joggers and a t shirt. Just my humble opinion:D
  • PootleFlump_3
    PootleFlump_3 Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    Is your facepainter doing lots of the same designs (like animals or something?) If not and its going to be random things like animals, lovehearts, butterflies etc I wouldnt bother doing a theme at all. At that age I dont think you need one.
  • what about jungle theme?
    or pirates? girls like dressing up as pirates too! you can have treasure, hunts, coins, map making, fits in with facepainting too. you can make a treasure chest cake

x
  • susancs
    susancs Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    We have similar activities during the Pre-School teddy bears picnic. You could have a teddy bears picnic if the party is in July. You can either do your own or order online teddy bear picnic invites asking all the children to bring a bear or soft toy with them. There are lots of teddy bear themed picnic plates, cups and tablecovers that you can use for an outdoor or indoor picnic. You can use a biscuit cutter to cut sandwiches into teddy bear shaped sandwiches. For music we have a variety of teddy bear songs playing in the background. We also use this music for games such as pass the teddybear (the person left holding the bear, gets a small prize), teddybear bumps(they have to put their teddy on the floor when the music stops), teddy bear footprints (when the music stops they have to run to and be on a sheet of paper shaped like a teddy bear footprint), instead of duck duck goose becomes teddy bear, teddy bear, teddy bear unit when you hide the bear and each child has to find their own. We also have a length of lycra material that we get every child around holding in a circle (it is like a trampolene if pulled hard) and when it is taut we bounce the teddies up and down on it, seeing which one is jumps the highest, they love letting go all together at the end as the taut material goes into the air and causes screams of laughter. Children's faces are painted like different types of bears eg. polar, brown bear etc.
  • Cissi
    Cissi Posts: 1,131 Forumite
    We had a circus theme for my son's 6th birthday last year and it was great! Circus-shaped cake, animal-themed face painting, and for a leaving gift (instead of party bags) each guest got a copy of Dr Seuss' "If I ran the circus" and a set of juggling balls (it was a shared party so we spent a little more than we otherwise would have).
  • I am now not asking kids to do fancy dress as the lady says above it may be a warm day and their be hot running around and jumping about. I'll do a theme for the cake and party food etc like Disney or something which my son's likes and all kids at that age tend to also. Was thinking of getting party boxes all bright colours for their food and doing some party games with disney music? as well as the things I've booked. I'll also be doing food for adults also which I hope will keep them happy too : }
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure