My Debt Diary..

Hi,

After a few years of burying my little head in the sand and paying minimum to each credit card, ive hit rock bottom personally - so decided it was time to at last - sort my finances out.

My signature lists my debts to who and how much going to find out the apr when im off over the next few days..see if i can get a balance transfer or something - anything..not really wanting a consolidation loan! Rather keep them where they are.

Ive been in tears, im angry, im frustrated, im confused - nothing to show for my debt. Just tears.

I called cccs who ever a counselling session said i cant be helped becuase i have 'disposable funds' at the end of paying the 'priorities' - which is fine - but im only £40 over..he said to call back if i end up moving out - as the cost of living would rise...and i would be able to go on a debt management plan...There is no way i can move out. So im going to stick with the good old fashioned way of paying back as much as i can - as fast as i can.

So my plans for the next few months are to stay in as much as possible. Which would see the rise in 'disposable funds' hopefully after a while i will have a few quid to throw at one of the cards..

no gym. no casual spends. no shopping. no borrowing money from mum - see signature...(although they did lend me £1400 to get me out of my car finance)

So..this is going to be tough! But i have a date in mind id like to be debt free. I hope i can stick to this. I know i'l try.:money: < if not he will come after me!! xx
MBNA - £3,800 - TESCO'S £1250 - FIRST DIRECT CC £550 - MINT £1500 - DEBENHAMS (Satander) £400 - Bank of Mum & Dad - £2,800 [STRIKE]Overdraft -£500 [/STRIKE]- account closed. PAID :)

Lets do this - im the only one that can

Replies

• EmzillaEmzilla Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi HayleyLou

Well done for starting the diary and best of luck. I'm sure you will clear your debts in no time if you look at where you can cut back.

I love the quote in your signature by the way :)

Emz xx
  • We can do it Emz!! We have to dont we?! For me its about not spending before i get it leaving myself short and thinking 'oh next month il stay in..next month il take it from that...' and so on...If i dont have the cash - i dont get it. Simple as.

If i dont do it now i never will. And i dont want these debts following me around anymore.

And - the best things in life - really ARE FREE ..!!! Even a cuppa in the garden...*bliss* xxxxxxxx
    MBNA - £3,800 - TESCO'S £1250 - FIRST DIRECT CC £550 - MINT £1500 - DEBENHAMS (Satander) £400 - Bank of Mum & Dad - £2,800 [STRIKE]Overdraft -£500 [/STRIKE]- account closed. PAID :)

• Radish72Radish72 Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Hi Hayley

Well done for starting a diary, there a great way to keep you motivated and you will get loads of advise on here

Good luck :T
    Mortgage Aug 12 £165K, Aug 19 £0
    OP's in 2019 £21000
    ISA challenge start 2019 £3000/£1500 (50%)
  • thank you - hope so. I really need some motivation. Stop the 'poor me' attitude and get the debt busting head back on

xxx

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Check your Clubcard vouchers

Use our trick to extend them

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals