Sainsbury's online grocery order

Options
Hi guys,

Anyone orders from Sainsbury's online?

I was trying to see how much the delivery charge is and all I found is general delivery page (mentiones also appliances etc), and all that says is "£3.95 - delivery 3-5 days", or "named deliver £4.95 and you can book your slot in half days".

So for 4 quit they won't even tell you when they are coming, you have to pay 5 and then it can still be any time within that half a day? Surely that cannot be right? That would be the crappest grocery delivery service on the market? Can anyone please enlighten me?

And what about the Click & Collect service? Can you order groceries via that too? (as £4.95 is a steep charge!).

I don't want to pick all my shopping and then find out that this is really the case and cancel the shopping (as we work full time so half a day slot is not good for us) and I cannot find on the site anything else..

Thank you

Comments

• RazWaz
    RazWaz Posts: 1,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The grocery shopping is nothing like what you are quoting, I use them all the time (had an order delivered yesterday). When you start ordering your stuff, you can pick an hour long delivery slot on the day you choose (e.g. between 4pm and 5pm on tuesday). Once you book it you have 3 hours to finish shopping before you lose your slot. The actual delivery prices are determined by the cost of the order you place.

Under £40 - there is a flat rate £6 delivery
    Between £40 and £100 - the price you pay is the one written on your chosen delivery slot. Tues/Weds/Thurs are the cheapest normally being £3.50 but the highest is £5.50.
    Over £100 you get free delivery
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I thought it looks wrong for grocery order!
    But it wouldn't let me pick a slot (at least not that I could find the option) without doing the shopping first...
    What you describe is how my Ocado & Tesco previously worked..
  • RazWaz
    RazWaz Posts: 1,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 April 2011 at 4:58PM
    Options
    Have you registered an account with Sainsbury's yet? I normally just go to the main site, over over the food and drink tab, and click the 'Buy Groceries' option that drops down, then it prompts me to log in. Once I've logged in there is a box on the top right hand side with a 'Book Delivery' button in it and a picture of a van. Once it's booked I start adding things to my cart and I'm sure you'll be fine from there since you've used other online orders before.

I've used Tesco before and it's very similar.

Here is a picture if you are not sure you are on the right page

Picture20.png
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    works exactly like tesco - you log in, choose your delivery time and then shop

if you havent set up an account and logged in, then you cant choose a delivery slot, until you do

prices vary from £3.50 - £5.50

F
  • theladsmum
    theladsmum Posts: 182 Forumite
    Options
    You sound to be on Sainsburys online (furniture, electricals, etc) rather than the grocery shopping bit.

Once you log in you pick your time slot and it will show the price next to the slot.
  • Any
    Options
    No, I didn't log in sothat obviously seems to be the problem. I wanted to check out whether it is worth it first,sing up with first order gives £10 off through Quidco so didn't want to sign before final decision.
    Thanks guys
  • on-the-count-of-three
    Options
    Any wrote: »
    No, I didn't log in sothat obviously seems to be the problem. I wanted to check out whether it is worth it first,sing up with first order gives £10 off through Quidco so didn't want to sign before final decision.
    Thanks guys

You can create an account without being under any obligation whatsoever to place an order.
  • Any
    Options
    sparky1664 wrote: »
    You can create an account without being under any obligation whatsoever to place an order.

Not if you want to get the £10 off....
    It is only available to new customers, so you have to create account and shop while going through the link.. So creating an account just to have a look would be a bit wastefull.
  • on-the-count-of-three
    Options
    Hmmm, okay. I don't read it like that, but I suppose if you want to be sure. There is £10 through quidco (& topcashback) for first online grocery orders.

I actually have an account as I ordered a PS3 a couple of years ago. I have never placed an online grocery order & so would still qualify for the £10 cashback. :)

I could also take several days to add to basket before submitting the order (via quidco of course). I wouldn't feel pressurised if I were you. :)
  • Any
    Options
    Yes, thank you, I would rather be sure.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts