Should I rent or buy kitchen appliances?

Options
13»

Comments

• pinkie84
    pinkie84 Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    Good vote of confidence there tiggles. I was in 2 minds as they are expensive, so spent my lunch break researching and almost everyone raves about them. The other thing is they have a lifetime guaranttee, so if it breaks I should be able to get a replacement foc :D

So many things to consider when you move, it's a relief that i can tick this one off the list!
  • Culex
    Culex Posts: 776 Forumite
    Options
    pinkie84 wrote: »
    Culex wrote: »
    globalds wrote: »
    I note that they do not have any made by ADA.
    Excuse my ignorance - what is ADA?
    Ajax Domestic Appliances Ltd.

I am astounded that you seem never to have heard of them.

My laundry maid swears by it and sometimes also at it.
  • urg123
    urg123 Posts: 1,997 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

Put the word out there that you are interested - you'd be amazed at what people keep in their sheds just in case! If you have a notice board at work, it might be worth putting up a 'wanted' ad. People might be willing to give you/sell you things as they upgrade.

Good luck in your new home!

urg x x
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I bought my cooker new. My washing machine, freezer and fridge were all second hand. I seem to remember 9 years ago I got the washing machine from the small ads and when I got there he also had a freezer (or may have been the other way round - one of them was a killer to get hold of anyway!) The fridge was second hand from a friend who had got it second hand from her mother in law.

They are all still going strong! Don't spend more than you need to now. Ask around your friends too.

If anyone is offering you a sofa or anything make sure it is of the fire retardant type.

Good luck,

B x
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • x.jem.x
    x.jem.x Posts: 86 Forumite
    Options
    I really wouldn't rent appliances (apart from a TV perhaps as my mum has done that in the past as she didn't have any savings or anything to buy a brand new one).

Even if it's £20 a month to rent a cooker for example, that's £240 a year!:eek:You could get a new cooker for nearly half that on ebay or even from Comet/Currys!

Heres one I just found on Currys for £170!! :rotfl:
    http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/cfse10wh-electric-cooker-white-04998036-pdt.html

Also, when it comes to you moving, you can take it with you or sell it! Therefore giving you some of your money back if you sell it! Whereas renting, you won't get anything back. Much like renting a house! Although thats not as bad (as I am renting a house!) haha!

Hope this helps:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport