I never win anythin

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in I won! I won! I won!
12 replies 708 views
sallywlsallywl Forumite
190 Posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in I won! I won! I won!
Feeling sorry 4 myself LOL

Replies

• If it makes you feel any better, neither do I :rolleyes: I have only won 2 comps my whole life and I enter loads every month, surely I have got to get lucky soon, haven't I? :confused: and I am sure you will get lucky soon too :D
    2007 Olympic Challange - Going for Bronze - Total so far: £98.25
  • Keep your chin up; theres no point in feeling negative. If you keep entering, anything can happen. I KNOW SO!!
  • SageSage Forumite
    505 Posts
    I enter 300 - 400 comps a month. Got nothing all year then this month Iv'e won twice. Hand made soaps and £25. Don't give up. Your time will come.

Sage
  • Sally WL, many hundreds of people are entering the same competitions to win the few prizes on offer. Competition is getting hotter every day! Enter as a hobby and hopefully the postman will smile on you soon. Good Luck...
    If winter comes, can spring be far behind?
    Spring begins on 21st March.
  • black-saturnblack-saturn
    13.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didnt win anything for about the first 8 months of comping (and even then my first win was only a Brian McFadden CD). But since then I've had a lot of wins. Just keep going, you'll get something in the end.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • AnnieHAnnieH Forumite
    8.1K Posts
    Honey you need PMA (positive mental attitude). If you think yourself unlucky then you will be.

Train yourself to think of yourself as a lucky person. Think of all the good things you have in your life and how fortunate you are to have them. Think positively and you will begin to be morel lucky.
    #
    Honestly. I may sound like I'm talking out of my pants, but it really is true:)
  • StrepsyStrepsy Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    Since joining this site I've already gained so much with saving money, and freebies, and just all the little things that start to push you in the right direction rather than the opposite that I already feel like I've won loads. lol.

I've only been playing competitions for about a week and a half but won £20 to spend at FatFace on an instant win. Have a go at that, I'll see if I can find the link for you, or get onto freebies and order yourself the Hellmann's book. :)

Edit: found link http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=313013
    I've been lucky, I'll be lucky again. ~ Bette Davis
  • PrudentPrudent Forumite
    11.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy your local paper and do the comps in there. The odds of winning are far higher and it is the mostly likely place to get those sought after wins. Don't give up, you will win.
  • StrepsyStrepsy Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    Prudent wrote:
    Buy your local paper and do the comps in there. The odds of winning are far higher and it is the mostly likely place to get those sought after wins. Don't give up, you will win.

Do you know what I've just bought my local paper to have a scan for comps and am disgusted to find that you have to phone up or text for them. :eek: It's as bad as watching ITV. lol.
    I've been lucky, I'll be lucky again. ~ Bette Davis
  • Enterprise_1701CEnterprise_1701C Forumite
    23.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've won a lot off my local radio station - always worth trying if you have a local one because so many people think it's not worth it!! I've won two DVD players (one when they had only just come out), numerous CDs, a couple of lots of £100 gardening vouchers and goodness knows what else off them. Only one problem - the DJs know my name, and can even identify me by my voice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals