We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Here's what we have done so far to be MF

Hi, we have only been here a short while and i have been bitten by the MF bug, here is a list of what we've done so far

*have rang Sky and got my DH to cancel the HD channels, and also got the next 6 months at half price over the year thats £240 saved
*reduced one mobile contract, saving £20 a month
*reduced food shopping bill and we are eating all that we buy
*sold bits on ebay so paypal is now in credit
*counted the Mortgage pig and she is looking after £85 so far
*Made one overpayment so far of £50 but it all helps, another £50 to be paid next week

Husband is very impressed although he did take a couple of weeks of gentle nagging to get rid of the HD channels, so we have got next month two more mobile contracts to reduce and that will be another saving of £25, cant believe how well i feel we are doing, we have 4 children and its the little things that are making the difference in the long run,
Best wishes to you all
xxxxxxx
I am now a MFW and it feels good :)

We now have a new addition to our family the famous Mortgage Pig :D
MFW#64 OP so far £50

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.