My middle name is not on my mortgage application .. sigh

Options
God this is getting so stressfull.

I don't use on any documents my middle name, except it is in my passpport. So when i signed my mortgage offer with the bank, i didn't use it.

However my solicitor informed me today, this could be a problem, due to how some banks operate, and that i need to go back to the bank to inform them of my middle name.

The bank have carried out credit checks on, i've seen them on my record, and i did give my passport with my middle name to them as my i.d.

However, as i never use my middle name for any contract i did not write my middle name into the application form.

Could this be a massive problem? Just as i thought i was there!

Sigh ...

Comments

• kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You can either hope it doesn't come up, sit on your hands and do nothing. Then if it does, you'll have to have the offer re-issued.

Or, you get in touch with the lender and get them to change it before your offer is issued. If they have your ID and it's on there I can't see it causing too much trouble.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • KareenaMukherjee
    Options
    They have already issued me with my mortgage offer a few months ago.

The house sale is now at the solictors stage, and he bought it to my attention today that my middle name is not on the mortgage offer.

I've made an appointment at the bank, just have a feeling in this sensitive day and age this is going to cause big problems.

I mean i gave them my i.d. with my middle name on it, but for some reason my solicitor insists it's an issue and keeps using my middle name, even though i never use it.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If it's been offered, why doesn't the solicitor phone the completions department at the lender and ask them if they need to change it and if so, what do they need?

It may be a simple process.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • hcb42
    hcb42 Posts: 5,962 Forumite
    Options
    I'd get it changed. They are so picky now, most banks. We had some paperwork sent back quite recently, as hubby's signature differed slightly, on one form to the next - even though it was witnessed by a solicitor!
  • Conrad
    Conrad Posts: 33,137 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I always insist clients use all names at application stage for exactly this reason. They sometimes protest just as they do when I insist they declare that strained toe when they were age2 on the life assurance application because of course such things do make a difference at claim stage. Bank staff are simply not trained to think in this way.
  • KareenaMukherjee
    Options
    Anyone suspect this is going to be a major problem?!
  • Sambucus_Nigra
    Sambucus_Nigra Posts: 8,669 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone suspect this is going to be a major problem?!

Your solicitor, for one.

Are you going to keep asking until someone who knows absolutely nothing agrees with you that it isn't going to be a major problem?

In which case - sure, it's not going to be a major problem.

There. Does that help?

Thought not. As I'm a gardener and know absolutely nothing, unlike your solicitor - who does.
    If you haven't got it - please don't flaunt it. TIA.
  • ThomasCrocker
    Options
    This happened to me. what can I do about it?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • KareenaMukherjee
    Options
    Your solicitor, for one.

Are you going to keep asking until someone who knows absolutely nothing agrees with you that it isn't going to be a major problem?

In which case - sure, it's not going to be a major problem.

There. Does that help?

Thought not. As I'm a gardener and know absolutely nothing, unlike your solicitor - who does.

Erm what ate your horse? I'm aware it's a problem and an issue, i'm just trying to judge the scale of the problem from people who might have been in a similar boat. Would i have to resubmit the application again? Might it be a minor issue, and they can just add my middle name? Could it even cause my application to be refused?
  • Sambucus_Nigra
    Sambucus_Nigra Posts: 8,669 Forumite
    Options
    Erm what ate your horse? I'm aware it's a problem and an issue, i'm just trying to judge the scale of the problem from people who might have been in a similar boat. Would i have to resubmit the application again? Might it be a minor issue, and they can just add my middle name? Could it even cause my application to be refused?

I'm of the belief that asking an anonymous forum will give you a plethora of answers all of which mean absolutely nothing. You have a solicitor ADVISING you which you are PAYING for - and yet you rely on anonymous nobodies for advice.

Sheesh.
    If you haven't got it - please don't flaunt it. TIA.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure