We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

I,ve just answered the phone for the first time in weeks!

I'v been screening my calls at home and work for weeks now, too scared to confront my creditors. been doing everything by letter and through CCCS although not yet started my DMP. I thought the phone calls had stopped but just got Citicard ( whose letters have been scary) and the woman was really nice I've got to continue with my token £5 per month until DMP kicks in. I cant believe how easy that was. From now on I will answer all calls and hope that they're all as easy and if they're not well I'll just have to remind myself they do this all day long to 100s of people not just me and I shouldnt take it personally. I feel so much better for starting to sort it all out and big thanks to this board and the people on it with out it and you I dont think I could have started to sort it out as I kind of felt I was the only person in the world with these problems. THANKS!

Comments

  • legoman
    legoman Posts: 332 Forumite
    the people here are great. i wouldn't have done anything without them! just got further into debt probably...
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.