We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Should I sell my tree for £15?

Hi,

Silly question but I need advice. Thought you guys would be the best to ask.

Last years Christmas tree (artifical, 6ft), used once, in box. It went unsold on ebay. A lady has emailed me asking if I will sell in to her for £15. Should I sell it? It cost me £60 last year.

Not going to buy a new one this year.

Thanks, x
£6,838.71 all on 0% CC, what a change!

Comments

  • How much were you hoping it would go for? If you feel that £15 is too low then you could make her another offer and see what she says. But if you could really do with the money then sell it.

    But if you really need the money anyway, offering to sell it for more than what she offered you for it might make her walk away then again - maybe she's expecting you to haggle upwards?
    Proud DFW Nerd #62:wink:

    Became Debt Free in Oct 2006 - uni was hard - financially!! Now need to start again.... :rolleyes2

    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS :D
  • A bird in the hand......

    If you're not going to use it then why keep it? :confused: It doesn't pay rent!

    It is a bit annoying when you know how much it cost you but that's depreciation for you!
  • Hi!

    Thanks for your replies. You are both right. I have emailed the lady to see if she is willing to offer a £10 more. I think if not I will give it to her for £15. As said above, whats the point of keeping it if I won't use it.

    Thanks again for the advice,

    x
    £6,838.71 all on 0% CC, what a change!
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,831 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    You might get a tad more once we're into December and Xmas is pyschologically round the corner. I don't know anything about ebay though.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.