We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Suggestions how to rebuild my credit
sdunj78
Posts: 2 Newbie
Hi,
Just after some advice and suggestions how to rebuild my credit history.
I got into debt about 5 years ago on a couple of credit cards and other bank loans. Some of the debts went to court and I got a ccj against me. I am still paying these debts of with regular monthy payments via direct debits.
I have had a 3 bank acounts with Nationwide for around 6 years and have never been overdrawn and have regular money going in each week. Recently I have asked them twice if they can let me have a cheque book and/or debit card to use with my account, which they rufues twice. I also applied for one of the high interest rate credit cars as suggestee on Money Saving Expert in a way to re build my credit history. This was also refused.
Can anyone suggest other ways how I can rebuild by history even to be able to get a debit card and a cheque book from my own bank?
Any help is greatley appreciated.
Many thanks.
Just after some advice and suggestions how to rebuild my credit history.
I got into debt about 5 years ago on a couple of credit cards and other bank loans. Some of the debts went to court and I got a ccj against me. I am still paying these debts of with regular monthy payments via direct debits.
I have had a 3 bank acounts with Nationwide for around 6 years and have never been overdrawn and have regular money going in each week. Recently I have asked them twice if they can let me have a cheque book and/or debit card to use with my account, which they rufues twice. I also applied for one of the high interest rate credit cars as suggestee on Money Saving Expert in a way to re build my credit history. This was also refused.
Can anyone suggest other ways how I can rebuild by history even to be able to get a debit card and a cheque book from my own bank?
Any help is greatley appreciated.
Many thanks.
0
Comments
-
Have you made sure you are on the electoral role?
moving house and changing jobs also goes against you.
keep up with all your re-payments try not to miss ANY!
Also I don't know how to get a cheque book from your bank but alliance and leicester do an acoount with an electron card and cheque book (I had bad credit and got one) but you don't get a cheque guarantee card with it.official dfw nerd club member no 214
Proud to be dealing with my debts!;)
Why is a person that handles your money called a broker?!
0 -
My OH had this problem with Natwest. In the end she went to HSBC and they gave her a cheque book and Solo card straight away!0
-
dont apply for anymore credit, and dont ask for a copy of your credit file.
we were black listed as dh and his brother have the same initials, and his brother did a runner leaving a trail of debts.
We just stopped applying for credit, bought everything cash, waited for about 5 years. We are fine now.0 -
Why not get a copy of their credit files? I'd say that wouldn't harm so at least it's a known quantity. I'd want to know in case there's a mistake.
Otherwise perhaps ask for an interview with the branch manager and ask them what you can do to get a cheque book etc earlier. After all you have a track record with them of managing the accounts well. Unfortunately the defaults and CCJ will stay on your record for 6 years.CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 0420 -
I think I will appply to Equifax for my credit history just so see if there are any mistakes etc...
Thnaks for the help so far everyone.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards